GX50 and clone oil drain extension tube (hose) homemade and bought

GoldenMotor.com

macAlpine

Sep 6, 2011
pittsfield mass
howdy folks!
i thought a good thread to form would be an explanation by members of how they drain their oil in their GX50 engines and clones. I did do a search (an extensive one) on this forum and came up with irrelevant topics of a related nature. basically, minus the greek:rolleyes:, who is doing what to drain their oil?
this is to help members and noobs like me!:-||

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Forget the fancy attachments with excess hose and expensive fittings, spend less than $5 on these two tools and change your oil like a pro, fast and simple.

Warm your engine to running temp. Kill the engine and remove the dipstick/oil filler cap. Insert tube attached to turkey baster and suck out the old oil. Fill the measure funnel with desired amount of new oil, insert tube from funnel into filler neck and turn the valve to dump the clean oil in.

It doesn't get any easier than this, believe me.

Turkey baster from 99 cent store.... $.99. Measure funnel from Wally Mart....$ 3.69......clear tubing for baster.....look around!

dnut

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
At least you guys have a drain, on the sooby 35cc i need to tilt the bike up to drain through the fill hole and need 3 hands.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
The old basting trick can lead to sludge build-up tho. I put in an ounce of clean oil to help flush the leftover crap out through the drain during oil changes.
Sludge build-up is nearly a thing of the past with the new synthetics available.....90hrs. on my 49cc HS when I opened the crank case and clean as a whistle. It is good to flush residual oil out when doing oil changes and keep a strong magnet on the outside end of your drain plug.

At least you guys have a drain, on the sooby 35cc i need to tilt the bike up to drain through the fill hole and need 3 hands.
Thus the turkey baster....it beats growing and extra hand:D

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
the first 2 changes, I made a heck of a mess trying to use tin foil as a 'trough'
then a friend stopped by one day and I got the idea from his Harley ;)

I heard about the drainzit afterwards, either here, or 'the other place'

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
It's definitely a long hose and it might be a lil bit of a challenge for someone to tuck it out of the way without looking goofy when not in use.

Batteries in my cam died, I'll update this post later with a picture of how I did mine.

macAlpine

Sep 6, 2011
pittsfield mass
sweet. i'll order a drainzit tomorrow evening. i checked my local hardware stores for metric nipples and fittings to make my own. found nothing. i like houghmade's attachment at the end, the sick chinese whaddya-callit, to stop the flow in an inconvenient pinch. thanks folks and keep it coming!dance1

Last edited:

macAlpine

Sep 6, 2011
pittsfield mass
hey folks

got the drainzit, found out it was the smallest size ( 1010) and still too big!!! not good. so i drilled a hole through a ten mill. bolt and made an adapter with clamps and fuel line. works good now.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
:-|| !!! D'OH !!! I just bought the original longer one from Northern that I'll have to "modify" when it gets here. POOP. Scotto has a great idea their with the turkey baster dealie. I've been using a "topsider" for years to change the oil on my cars and truck. Its what the inboard motor boat owners use to swap out oil in their motors with out pulling them out with a crane. My big o'll topsider though is too ungainley for suckin out just 3/4 or so of a quart of oil. Baister would work just fine.