Here's a tip I have about the mufflers

GoldenMotor.com

Mozenrath

Jan 13, 2011
California
Since a lot of the mufflers that come with the 2-stroke kits are either ill-designed or simply welded together improperly, a lot of times it's difficult to bend the neck in order to get it to properly fit on the bike(without crimping as well). The kits just tell you that it's as simple as bending it, but it's not always that easy.

I foolishly thought that I could just cut the muffler and bolt it together along with JB Weld. I tried many didn't things and they just didn't work. I constantly had to worry about my muffler falling off, and eventually it did. I ran over it and it actually broke the spokes and bent the rim on my rear wheel, costing me money due to replacement.

Moral of the story? If you have any doubts about the muffler, just take it and your bike to either a muffler shop or a welding facility and they'll take care of it for you for a few bucks. We all want to build these kits entirely on our own, but these parts aren't always made properly through no fault of our own. The connection on my muffler was at a severe angle causing the muffler to hit into the frame and it just wouldn't fit. Going to experts who have the proper equipment would have saved me a heck of a lot of money.

Good thing is I get to keep the muffler I already ported, and with a new NGK spark plug and holes drilled in the air filter cover, I'm doomin' up and down hills!

r.ly.