great little engine for a board tracker

GoldenMotor.com

tomgndallas

Sep 19, 2010
Dallas, TX
hey guys,

I am posting this to see if we can get some more information flowing. I have been reading on another thread that Harbor Freight has a 6.5 HP OHV engine for 75 bucks! It's true...take a look...I just picked mine up at a local branch and they honored the online price...

6.5 HP Gas Engine - Horizontal Shaft, OHV

that is the link.

If you also look this thread link from this forum, you will find more details on performance parts, etc...trying to put all this in one spot...

http://motorbicycling.com/f41/dyno-thumper-28189.html

Ok, now that I have that out there, here is the real question...anyone building a frame for this motor other than Jeff @ CulverCity? Hey Pat, think you could modify a sportsman flyer to fit this engine?

I really like the look of what Jeff is putting together, and I love Pat's style as well, I just don't own a welder anymore and it has literrally been ages since I struck an arc. I am finally ready to begin putting together a boardtracker using this little engine. The only one I can find that currently exists is from this old You-tube, he has also posted here on the forum... the Dixie flyer. The HF engine is a greyhound which is essentially a chinese knock off of the GC i believe. Please correct me if I am wrong on that one.

YouTube - Board Track Replica - Dixie Flyer Startup

Tom G

Tre_in_L.A.

May 7, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I was looking at a 30's era Indian Flat Tracker in the window at Glory Motorcycles and Apparel in Hollywood. I am thinking that for my project, I could use the Bobber frame from West Coast Mini Choppers- Frames,Rolling Chassis,Sheet Metal, Custom Wheels,Hubs,Live Axles,Tanks, & Accessories and have them make the head stock 30 degrees instead of 37 or 45. Then I would just need to cut and narrow the rear section because I would not be using their big fat tire in the rear. I would more than likely be using a WM1 (1.85) rim with a Heidenau 18 in. tire. I would still need to modify the engine mount on the WCC bobber because I want to mount the clone vertical.