Temperature monitor/ gauge for HS & Hondas

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Just came accross this digital temperature monitor / gauge that attaches to the base of a 10mm spark plug, the size that Honda and Huasheng use. It a nice looking little gauge, but it costs more than the Tachometer that TTO (Trail Tech) make. $40.....ouch! I use a cheaper one that has the same functions. If you got money to burn and wanna keep track of your engines temps, check it out.

tt152

Cheers

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Good to know such a thing exists. It would be interesting if someone running the HS or Honda without a shroud was to monitor temperature in different riding conditions.... at idle for minute, for five minutes, riding all out, cruising at a modest speed on the flats, pulling a heavy load up a long incline... all the while making note of outside air temperature for different parts of the country. And then to repeat all of those situations with the shroud in place. It would give real information and maybe benefit everyone. I think you should buy it, Scotto. (not me, though, I'm too broke).
SB

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Nice! it also helps to establish proper fuel/air mix under different load & RPM conditions and even helps determine the quality of oil for your application (I love me some gauges heh) (^)

Good ta have options & while 40-50 bucks fer a CHT seems pricey at first, after a bit of shopping around - it really isn't lol, excepting the occasional (potentially unreliable) knockoff, that's pretty much the normal price for a non-certified CHT... it only gets way more expensive from there.

http://motorbicycling.com/f13/egt-cht-other-instrumentation-11620.html

Tho I really like the looks of that lil digital one ya found scotto, I might just hafta get that 'un :D

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Nice! it also helps to establish proper fuel/air mix under different load & RPM conditions and even helps determine the quality of oil for your application (I love me some gauges heh) (^)

Good ta have options & while 40-50 bucks fer a CHT seems pricey at first, after a bit of shopping around - it really isn't lol, excepting the occasional (potentially unreliable) knockoff, that's pretty much the normal price for a non-certified CHT... it only gets way more expensive from there.

http://motorbicycling.com/f13/egt-cht-other-instrumentation-11620.html

Tho I really like the looks of that lil digital one ya found scotto, I might just hafta get that 'un :D
I like the looks of the TTO....same case as the Tach I just got from them. But at half the price, this is the one I've been using for quite a while (bought 2 for $10ea. on sale). They are $19 now....they used to be $15 not long ago.

tt175

This little gem works very well, but ya gotta remember to turn it off after your rides or the battery goes dead in no time. It comes with an extra batt. (button cell), but they're cheap anyways....

Last edited: