carby problem

GoldenMotor.com

mick29

Jun 8, 2009
Salisbury East
I have a new problem with my carby the bike 4strokes alot and doesnt hit power band properly it doesnt mater where i set the float level or where the needle is set (up or down) it runs the same all the time Could the carby have a blockage somewhere it also splutters alot and dripping lots of oil from muffler any idears thanks mick29

Deadend

Aug 19, 2009
ca
I have a new problem with my carby the bike 4strokes alot and doesnt hit power band properly it doesnt mater where i set the float level or where the needle is set (up or down) it runs the same all the time Could the carby have a blockage somewhere it also splutters alot and dripping lots of oil from muffler any idears thanks mick29
1: Carb is kit stock ?

2: Have you jetted it for your elevation ?

3: Idle Screw - have you adjusted this?

edit: heres a wiki link re: carb & elevation : Carburetor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ( this will take u right to your point of interest )

Last edited:

OCCstingray

May 3, 2009
Chester County, PA
Try adjusting the fuel/air mixture screw, or the idle screw, that may help. If you said that there is oil coming out of the exhaust, it could be the PCV system (hose from crankcase of 4 stroke engine into carb). Check your oil, is their gas in the oil, or is the oil level low? Your problem could be caused by many things.

Deadend

Aug 19, 2009
ca
^ great point - might be excessive blow by

edit: good catch, im building a 2smoker and am in that mindset /thumbsup

Last edited:

OCCstingray

May 3, 2009
Chester County, PA
Deadend: My bike is also a chinese 2 stroke, but I fix just about anything with a motor: cars, lawnmowers, tractors, etc. My tractor had oil coming from the exhaust, and would not run consitantly so I took the carb off cleaned it, drained the oil(gas was in it from flooding) and then re-adjusted the carb and now it runs great. Your problem mick29 could be as simple as that.