delmar/bike stingray muscle build

GoldenMotor.com

jcchappy

Aug 18, 2009
antlers, ok.
hey guys since I've built one MB and it worked great on some aspects anyway I decided to start on a nice one so her is before and after just took the components I liked from my old one and added them to a new delmar frame I used wheels from a tandom bicycle since its spokes were a lot larger and the same mountain bike front end just painted and a bannana seat and handle bars and goose neck from a amc girls stingray lkooking bike. what do ya'll think so far engine is drying right now it painted black and read also with a copper painted carb more pics as soon as I get more done. first is the old MB I built last month the red one is the delmar i built this weekend with some of the parts I had.

Attachments

jcchappy

Aug 18, 2009
antlers, ok.
Got to ride it finally today got plenty of room now with that long seat. I built an automatic chain adjuster but I need to find a spring to keep tension on it i"ve got it held with tie wire for now. This one is alot smoother with the 2.25 tires instead of 1 3/8. it rides very nice but i need to add more foam to the seat and recover again. I may put a back pillion pillow on the sissy bar too it makes a great back rest.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
With that heavy of a sissy bar you could fab up a spring suspension for the seat.

jcchappy

Aug 18, 2009
antlers, ok.
yea i was looking at some of the older muscle bikes that had plunger style sissybars for seat suspension. dunno exactly how to do it yet.

jcchappy

Aug 18, 2009
antlers, ok.
Here's a pic from friday rode across town (about 5 miles or so and all that happened was I lost a clamp on falshlight and I fouled a plug asyway here's a pic of our town sign when you come in from the west and of course my bike.

Attachments