what mods wil make your engine go higher rpm's

GoldenMotor.com

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I kinda knew that from the op.
11k?
Bet he LOVES the boost bottle and electric turbo setup though....

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
... And don't forget the $10 tire crackers with the $5 cool whip cartridges that ya just payed somebody on ebay $59.99 for... Gotta have that 3 second 1/8 hp boost of NOS too... laff Wait... wait... while we're at it... might as well throw in the split fire plug and the slick50 so you can really "leave the competition behind in the dust"...

kyle5647

Sep 2, 2013
marietta
im on a quest for the ultimate racing machine, ive made a few hardened parts that are far more durable than stock and im working on hardening the cylinder walls and piston so i can make an ultra light piston and so the cylinder can withstand 11k+ rpm's

GoreWound

Dec 1, 2014
Canada
I have a story that is slightly related to this thread.
before I begine let me relay the grain of salt everyone should take with this story: all of the following took place inside Forza Horizon 2, an automotive videogame.

me and a friend had the exact same car (a camaro) and we wanted to race them, so we each took our cars to the autoshop and agreed to not push our cars past a specific performance level.
I swapped out the cam for a better one, lightened the flywheel, opened up the intake and exhaust, and put better valve springs in it.
brought the redline up by about fiteen hundred RPM from stock with an additional 50-60 HP.
then came the race.
all I saw was the backside of a camaro with a bone stock engine, but a five speed where I has a four.

speed, sometimes, is not found in your powerplant.

aqua zombie

Sep 11, 2012
Athens Ohio
Nice call GoreWound. Your buddy kept the stocker on the nose of the cam an made more use of the power that was there. Not to mention that revs arent the only thing that get it done. Cram more air and fuel in there with out the revs and get the same effect through cleaning up castings and carb, intake, exhaust work. Im not saying dont go for 11000 rpm though. I love hearing money turn into noise. The fred head guy is boasting 10000 on one of his builds. It sounds gnarly mean on the you tube video. Id like to see him tach it and get a legit rpm on his beast. Its gotta be doable!