Replacement Spark Plug Boot!

GoldenMotor.com

Yankee John

May 11, 2015
MN
Digging thru the parts books at work yesterday, and I found the perfect replacement spark plug boot for our engines. I ordered one and it came today. Installed it in 2 minutes flat and it's PERFECT!

It's by NGK, NGK part number LB01E. Its a ceramic composite material, and has wire and plug boots included. It used the standard automotive spark plug tip, and the wire end has the screw stud for twisting onto the existing plug wire.

The O'Reilly's part number is 8011, line code NGK. It sells for $3.29. It's not stocked in stores, but it is in the local warehouses and is only a day away.

Hope this is of interest!

John

Attachments

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I use NGK LZFH - they're exactly like the cheap chinese caps with zero resistance and never had one break or go bad - $1.76

According to its code #, yours is a 1k resistor cap.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
That's a good boot but I just used a regular automotive style boot I had left over after doing a tune up for a customer, I usually save small sections of 7mm wire when I have any left over from doing a set of wires, and there's usually a few left over 45 and 90 degree boots left over in these wire kits so I save them as well as the left over terminals so I got a practically endless supply of free boots and wires, I do only save the spiral core type and just throw out the carbon impregnated rubber wire since resistance is a bad thing on these engines that need all the spark energy they can get.
Taylor also makes a good non resistor wire set that has nice molded on boots that snap lock in place on the plug for those custom applications where appearance is everything, these aren't cheap tho...

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
any good auto parts store (like an independent shop, not pep boys) will have 7mm copper core wires for about a buck a foot, terminals and boots for a coupla bucks more so you can make your own wires with simple tools.

then you can hide your stock cdi under the engine or somewhere other than having that ugly box strapped to your downtube with 20zipties holding all those wires onto your frame.

Yankee John

May 11, 2015
MN
I use NGK LZFH - they're exactly like the cheap chinese caps with zero resistance and never had one break or go bad - $1.76

According to its code #, yours is a 1k resistor cap.
The zero resistance NGK LZFH boot is available from O'Reilly's for $1.29 each plus tax. Part number is 8381, line code NGK. Not in stores, but stocked in the local warehouse, next day delivery. I ordered a few in for myself :)

John

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
just spent 20min on O'Reilly site & can't get a listing for plug caps

they've closed most stores in this area

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
Silly me, I entered part name rather than number : (

I'll order there now instead of at dennis kirk.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
never had good luck running resistor wire or caps, but hoping they also have the lzfh if I find a part # for it

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
jeez, I never even thought to look on the NGK site - I can order right there really cheaply

thanx