rear sprocket help

GoldenMotor.com

woogie_man

Aug 9, 2013
Fargo, ND
Ok guys, Been budding away at my build and have come to a problem. I have a macari stretch... http://www.chubbyscruisers.com/shop/rat-rod-kustom-cruiser
That bike, and I have a motor from bike berry. I had be everything mounted and set up, though it seems I can't get the chain to clear the tire. If I do I get a bad bend in the chain and obviously keep throwing the chain.

Haven't gotten the motor running as of yet, and was hoping to before snow flies around here.

What I was wondering was is there a spacer for the rear sprocket that will move the sprocket out to help the chain clear the rear tire?

Thanks for the help guys.

woogie_man

Aug 9, 2013
Fargo, ND
Dished outward...

Pictures to come.

The other thing that I was looking at ....... is that the motor may be a little bit off skew. May have to put a shim or two on the one side of the bracket. Though not sure this will add the required space to clear the tire.

Last edited:

woogie_man

Aug 9, 2013
Fargo, ND
The motor was a little bit of skew,a few washers and it seems ok.

Was able to get the chain routed, and it seems ok. Now just need to get the motor to kick over.

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
Hi woogie_man. The top chain tensioner/guide will get pushed into the spokes because the top part of the chain has tension and the bottom part of the chain is relaxed when the engine (or pedalling) is used to get the bike moving. AzBill welded a chain tensioner to the seat stay of his stretch cruiser to make clearance for the top part of the chain I think by pushing the top of the chain downward with a much shorter tensioner, check that. Did you file the seat stay where it welds to the seat tube. That bike frame I think is unsafe because you can't weaken any of the parts that come together to form the frame without compromising the strength of the frame. Maybe a welder can fix that.

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
Hi woogie_man, it's me again. I know it's a lot of money. Bike Buyers sells the macargi stretch cruiser frame only for $140.00. Thankyou.

woogie_man

Aug 9, 2013
Fargo, ND
Yah I used my "multi tool" to mod the frame. Was planning on welding the tensioners up when I have it set correct. Didn't think about a part from the seat tube..