Bye bye happiness :(

GoldenMotor.com

jji7skyline

Jan 15, 2013
Australia
Today started out fine, but on my ride today, I burned my left shin on the muffler and now my parents finally have an excuse to get rid of my ride.

I've only had the bike for a few months.

I'll be missing you guys as well as my bike.

I've negotiated to have one last ride though, then I'm selling it to someone who offered $300 but I refused. He's getting a great deal I guess. Good for him. No hard feelings bro.

I might be allowed to build another one when I'm 16 or something, but then I'll be learning to drive, and I'll probably be too busy.

So 2 questions. What should I spend my $300 on? (Thinking of a nice hybrid bike, or an iPad or something)

What should I do on my last ride? I hope to do it on 40:1 fuel.

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
In my opinion, you should put the money into a savings account or a high yield cd...this way by the time youre old enough to re build, you'll have a decent chunk of cash to start back up with...sorry you gotta sell the bike tho...and make sure you ride it until you run out of gas...might as well make it a great last run

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Putting your money in the bank right now is a waste of time, interest rates are soooo low. If you "invest" 300 dollars, in two or three years, you'll have 300.32.

Don't be in a hurry to spend it just because you have it.
As for your "last ride" take your time, go where you want, and don't horse the bike so that it's still sell-able when you are done.

Maybe you'll be back at it someday? The hobby will still be here in a few years when your parents can't tell you what to do.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I've been bikeless for a month or two now. My china girl broke down, I decided to go 4 stroke, and didn't rebuild my ht bike. Still waiting for income taxes to finish the 4 stroke build, which is not cheap. Its a non-kit build, so thats why its expensive. Point is, I'm not leaving till they kick me out.

jji7skyline

Jan 15, 2013
Australia
Thanks guys, I will stay. And this morning my parents (they are actually really good parents, in case I forgot to mention), decided to let me rebuild a safer one after I sell this one. They're letting me use Dad's bicycle.

The only bad thing is that the buyer has already bought from another seller, and now I have to wait for another buyer.

For my new build, I'm thinking 4-stroke + Jackshaft. The only thing is, I'm not sure if the jackshaft kit works with a 4-stroke :/

jji7skyline

Jan 15, 2013
Australia
Also, you can avoid burning your leg by using exhaust wrap on your muffler. You can find it at your local auto parts store or order it online.
Thanks so much! That was exactly what I was about to ask! :D

Also, can I have a link to a comprehensive installation manual for the jackshaft?

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
How is your bike set up where you'd burn your leg anyway? Expansion pipe flipped up toward the tank or something?

I once burned my leg on the engine, left 3 fin-shaped burn marks on the inside of my leg for almost 2 weeks. :(

jimmymc2286

Nov 26, 2012
Indiana
I am glad to hear your parents are going to let you build a new bike. If you have the tools and skill, or someone who does that will help, you can build your own jackshaft. I got the idea for mine from the minibike forum. it is on a HF 79cc 4stroke. Just keep in mind if you go the non kit, there is a lot more work that you will have to do to make everything work.

Acraze

May 13, 2011
Tuscaloosa
If you feel you made a quality build you might want to stat tying to get a few more built(that you cant ride) but maybe you sell a few and make 900 to 1200 bucks?

Genisisonyx29

Jul 8, 2011
Merced California
dude if my parents took away my motorbike (which they cant because its my main way of transportation to school and appointments) i would probably do something devious like oooh idk take my dads infiniti g35 for a real nice spin! lol. it wouldnt be the first time i did that;)

jji7skyline

Jan 15, 2013
Australia
dude if my parents took away my motorbike (which they cant because its my main way of transportation to school and appointments) i would probably do something devious like oooh idk take my dads infiniti g35 for a real nice spin! lol. it wouldnt be the first time i did that;)
Lol I'll consider it :p

(Maybe joyriding a 4cylinder people mover won't be much fun?) ;)