So Cal Kustom Kruiser

GoldenMotor.com

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
Have not been on the forum in a long time but thought I'd share a work in progress. Its a So Cal Kustom Kruisier I picked up for a big buck- rough shape but straight ya know. Needs paint and a few good miles on before that happens. Welded up an engine mount and some front brakes just to get her rolling. I welded the front brakes on the back side of the forks- had to have them since I dont do coaster brakes- pedal chain is on the first gear of a mountain bike type hub to make it easy to start while pulling my kid and groceries around. Took a lot of time to figure out the pedal and drive chains but so far so good- 10 miles is all. I'm really happy with the way it rides and its already pulling many double takes. This bike is big and is taking some getting some getting used to as far as turning radius. Will look nice when she is done.

Attachments

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
Thanks azbill ! I really lucked out on the pipe- first bend and it fit like a charm- That never happens lol. Hope to paint by the weekend- just black- keeping it all pretty simple and hopefully reliable. I do love looking at your builds though Bill- art work plain and simple!

donb4103

Oct 7, 2011
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Wow !!! I didn`t realize that you were building your bike along the same train of thought that I was. I like your pipe setup! Mine will probably be very similar to yours.
I like it a lot!!

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
I was really hoping to have her painted by now but........... Turkey was good! So I have an issue with my chain, I ended up having to use a half link to get it where both the pedal and drive chains work but when the half link comes to the bottom of the rear sprocket my chain gets tight, once its on the sprocket about 1/8 of a rotation its normal. Kinda strange. So after I built another cranbrook today I messed with a spring tensioner- so far so good. I am still waiting for my KMC chains to arrive but the spring tensioner seems to work well. I also added a down spout for the exhaust, not sure if I like the way it looks but it keeps the exhaust fumes out of my daughters face when she is in the trailer. I get a lot of looks on this bike, I'm excited to get her finished.

Attachments

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Real nice, I like it. Nice weld job too. I'm curious about the pipe. How's it run with a long pipe like that?

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
Real nice, I like it. Nice weld job too. I'm curious about the pipe. How's it run with a long pipe like that?
After lowering the clip on the needle a notch it runs really well. I cant tell any performance difference good or bad caused by the long pipe. I like the way it sounds, its a bit deeper. I'm still thinking of putting an expansion chamber in there also and I might steal the high compression head off my mountain bike. Its gonna be awhile before its "really" done......

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
You have tons of room on the bike for batteries or even a mid drive motor if you decided to go hybrid. Very cool bike, I bet you're the envy of the town on that.usflg

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
Looks like its been almost year since I got this bike running. Its treated me well and just last week finally got around to painting it and added rear brakes. Not the prettiest welding but nice to have front and rear brakes. Rear brakes stumped me and I'm not super happy with the way they look but she stops so much better now. I might sell the bike soon and start another project.........

Attachments

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Good job!
Have you considered a nice gusset to blend your brake mounts into the lines of the frame? Something with the same curve as the rest of the bike would help strength as well as looks.

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
Thats a good idea, a few nice curved gussets would blend the posts in. Next time I have the rear wheel off I think I'll do that. Thanks for the suggestion!