Fix your broke part! Aluminum Welding Rod

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Many of you guys out there may have already used this product or one simular, or may have what you believe to be a better way of fixing a broken Aluminum part, but if there are any more guys like myself that dont have a Tig set up or a Mig set up for welding Aluminum here is a great product that will fix most of what ails you if you need to make a simple repair to an Aluminum part like the clutch lever housing or some stripped threads in the block, all you need is a clean stainless steel brush and aPropane Torch and you are set to repair Aluminum and it is a repair that is stronger than mild steel which is much harder that the parent Aluminum material, The product is called "Alumiweld" I bought mine at my local Tractor Supply Store but you can get it online direct, I've been using the stuff and it works great.

Heres the link to their site: Aluminum welding repair rods, weld any aluminum metal by using a Propane Torch - Alumaweld

Hope this helps someone out there.
Shan
brnot

nogig

Mar 18, 2010
south carolina
Thats a good find man. We used to buy these things called magic rod from national welders which was great for potmetal. Gonna order some to keep Ol Murphy away

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Thats a good find man. We used to buy these things called magic rod from national welders which was great for potmetal. Gonna order some to keep Ol Murphy away
These rods work great, fixed my clutch lever housing today, the retainer pin that goes part way through the housing that keeps the cam rod from coming out busted out, it is the second time this has happened to me, I ordered a new housing and cam the first time this happened and dang-it if it didn't do it again today so I said bull crap on that...! I'll just make me up a new pin out of a 3/32" 7014 welding rod and then I will weld over and around it with the Alumiweld with my Map gas torch, did the fix, took it out and put some more miles on it and wala, it seems to be a done did fix :)~}), now I will fix the other one the same way and I will have a good spare just in case I should brake another one.

This rod is like soap on a rope and I figure it cost me about a nickle to fix this problem...not bad at all.

dance1

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Just welded up the waterneck on my gmc a couple of weeks ago and it worked excellent. Paid 5 bux for 2 -14'' rods.
Thats great, I love these rods, I fixed my clutch housing where the retaining pin holds the clutch cam shaft from lifting out of housing, I have had 2 of these pins just break loose and fall out leaving my cam shaft unsecured, so I cut a piece of a 3/32" 7014 welding rod and used it for a newpin and then with one of my Alumiweld rods torch welded all around and over where the casting broke out around the retainer pin, so far so good it's holding like a jug....!

reddd