Atlanta, Georgia
I've been considering buying a 2002 blue Whizzer, but I'm not very
familiar with engine problems or other problems or changes that I
should be aware of.
I currently have a 2 stroke 80cc engine powered cruiser with front and
rear drum brakes, but I'd rather have a 4 stroke. I think it would be
more cost effective to just buy a good Whizzer and improve on it from
there. What's the top realistic speed on a Whizzer anyway? They don't
vibrate your brains loose do they, like these 2 strokes?

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
It's just all in how much you want to spend, and what kind of riding you are doing. I am sure the Whizzers would be a little more reliable, but it comes at a huge price difference.
If I was using it for my main transportation and not just as a hobby I would buy a motorcycle.

John

datz510

May 9, 2008
Mesa, AZ
My whizzer will cruise at 40mph. They have very little vibration except at idle it lopes a little like a Harley. I love mine!

Outrunner

Dec 27, 2008
Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks for the feedback. I've owned and ridden motorcycles for over
22 years, I guess that's why I'm drawn to these motorized bikes. My
first build that I completed in March this year is a 2 stroke as I mentioned earlier, and I was surprised at the amount of vibration,along with low power that it has. So, being more familiar with 4 stroke engines I'm considering installing that instead,or
consider buying a good used Whizzer and that's where I'm at, at this point. The
cost to upgrade my Della Cruz bike has escalated quite a bit too, so I'm trying to
make a good choice.Thanks,

Fred

Last edited:

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hi on that 2002 Whizzer, you need to check and see if the engine has been upgraded to NE5 level, if not, it will surely need that.

Fell free to ask questions, or contact me directly.

Mike

KilroyCD

Jul 22, 2008
Lancaster County, PA
The 1999 through 2004 Whizzers were built with the WC-1 engine, which has an inherent flaw in the design of the cylinder. The valve seats will ultimately come loose, more likely sooner than later. There really is no way to fix this once it happens, except to convert the engine to NE5 configuration using the NE upgrade kit. This is expensive, but it keeps your Whizzer from becoming a 100lb paperweight.

I have a few [very few] NE cylinders in stock. The main parts needed to convert the WC-1 motor to the NE version are the cylinder, head [different bolt pattern], head bolt kit, exhaust spacer, and various gaskets. The average cost for the Whizzer upgrade kit is $466.xx plus shipping. I have been supplying the needed parts for $375.00 plus shipping. The NE upgrade kit includes several parts not needed or doesn't work correctly. The kit has the larger 22 MM carburetor, however the carburetor is too large unless you install the NE camshaft [$106.30], and the carburetor doesn't have a breather. The kit also includes a piston & rings, not needed because the WC-1 doesn't go far enough to need a new piston & rings. The kit also includes an exhaust manifold that fit the new larger pipe and won't fit the original WC-1 pipe correctly.

Hope this information is helpful,
Quenton
EZ MOTORBIKE COMPANY