Two stroke vs Four Stroke?

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Personally I think they may be saying what they are about how long you should run the engines because of the warranty they offer, if an engine goes bad they probably ask the customer about how long they thin the engine had been running when it failed and if the unknowing customer was to say that they had been out riding their 2 smoker powered bike for a couple hours, they may be told that is what killed it since they recommend they not be riding over 30 minutes at a time.

May be a way to get around the 6 month warranty in that case...

Just a thought off the top of my head about it since that is the first I have ever heard of that myself

Hmm I've got an older engine that has made several 25 mile one way trips at wide open throttle the most of the way and that engine has horrible balance.

maybe, I need to tell the lawn care people around here to time how long they run the weed wackers and chainsaws also...LOL!

Flyman

Nov 28, 2014
Vian Oklahoma
Watch it again as someone who never bought a bike engine & see what they would think.
I watched that video three times to be sure I was hearing that. Nope they just messed up.

But they need to be made a where of it. There good folks we all make mistakes
but me. (wink) Fly

boxcar

Dec 18, 2014
Astoria OR
Gota tell ya. While I like the fact that these guys are supporting the sight and craft.
I'm not to impressed with there build skills or tutorials.
Or maybe i'm just being picky....

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
BikeBlueBerries and BikeStrawberries......I like 'em all!

BikeBury? Let me know when they get the part in tttthhhhaaaaatttt'''''sssss bbbbeeeeeeeeeeennnnn aaaaaadddddvvvvveeeerrrrrttttiiiiissssseeeeeddddd fffffffoooorrr ttthhhhhheeeeee pppppaaaaassssttt ccoooouuuupppplllleeeeee yyeeeeeeaaaaaaarrrrrsss...........

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Looks like my wireless keyboard went haywire laff
Looks like my even typing here is no longer even worth it.

I liked the video and thought it was a fair assessment but mentioned I thought it was irresponsible to be riding around without helmets holding selfie sticks in an instructional video.

No sense in me taking the time to write a thoughtful and helpful post here when it is just arbitrarily deleted by a pissed off mod, I have much better things to do in places that value my opinion and experiences.

Last edited:

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Looks like my even typing here is no longer even worth it.

I liked the video and thought it was a fair assessment but mentioned I thought it was irresponsible to be riding around without helmets holding selfie sticks in an instructional video.

No sense in me taking the time to write a thoughtful and helpful post here when it is just arbitrarily deleted by a pissed off mod, I have much better things to do in places that value my opinion and experiences.
Fewer posts like this will go a long way towards preventing moderator action.
Just sayin'

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Let me start out as saying I buy a lot of parts from our sponsor BikeBarry.

But what this video tell,s me something might be wrong on what is
said about longevity of each type of engine. 1/2 hour for two strokes &
1 hour for 4 strokes??????

They need to be made aware of this in that ad.

Fly drn2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkX3D12yT78
I'd say they're off by a little on the recommended ride times, but then again, they may need a way out of their 6 month warranties. They're also not considering the aftermarket heads that keep our engines plenty cool enough to run all day as the stock heads are notorious for not being able to get rid of the heat quick enough.
Dunno for sure, but I'm plenty happy with more power, more rpm, less weight, and less expensive...