4 stroking at low speed

GoldenMotor.com

porter1

Sep 3, 2014
michigan
I am a newbee, here is my problem. china girl 80cc wants to 4 stoke until 12 mph, the is no adj. on carb except idle speed. I don"t know what carb. I have all it says on is" speed". I have maybe 50 miles on the motor. I started to run 40x1 mix with Yamaha oil. is this normal or will it get better when it gets fully broke in? I know someone here can help. thanks.cvlt1

Henshooter

Feb 10, 2014
Melbourne au
The standard jets on the factory carbys are way to big IMHO usually .68 ,my suggestion is to go down to a .65 and see if that helps

But we really need more info such as jet size the oil your running and the type of carby ( I suspect the NT )

There can be only two main suspects in my oppinion and they are jet size and fuel mix .
Being a newbie you can get somewhat daunted by the carby adjust but it's simple ,I always run in my motors at 25:1 and general running after breakin at 32:1 ,you should find if you are running the kit recommended mix ,swapping down to 25:1 should somewhat fix your four stroking issue ,40:1 for breakin is IMHO way way to low to be any good for the motor

Try these and get back to us with your results

Regards Hen

Last edited:

porter1

Sep 3, 2014
michigan
was running 25x1, was worse, the guy I bought it from said go to 40x1 now he already ran 1 tank of gas through it, I have ran 1 also, where do I get jets?

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
300miles would be better before trying to tune it - the older speed carbs were about 2mm larger in the venturi than NT - didn't make them horrible on the standard engine setup, but they worked better with an expansion pipe - I currently see a newer ver of the speed carb being sold now, but don't know what has changed

porter1

Sep 3, 2014
michigan
ok, went with 32x1 mix, as the miles are going up the 4 stroking is getting better, also put in the proper heat range plug. It"s getting better every day, so I think I'm good to go. I must say though my Honda and Yamaha mopeds ran much smoother. those **** are hard to beat.