Best of Class Win today

GoldenMotor.com

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Congrats on recognition for your great presentation, CF !

I like the Ural quite a bit, (pity it's all dewat), BUT, it's no comparison to having watched your build through all the different stages that brought it to this point.

Glad to see you get an award for all the work you have done.

Best
rc

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
Congrats on recognition for your great presentation, CF !

I like the Ural quite a bit, (pity it's all dewat), BUT, it's no comparison to having watched your build through all the different stages that brought it to this point.

Glad to see you get an award for all the work you have done.

Best
rc
I was a fan of the Ural also. We parked next to each other as we were the only military themed bikes at the show, and we talked a lot. He had a .30 cal belt fed 7.62x54 machine gun, a sub machine gun, a shaped-charged tank killer launcher, a box of mines, and boxes of various ammo and vodka (!) on it, lol. He told me of the travis air show. He said it is great because he is wearing the russian uniform and holding a vodka bottle full of water and he is singing Russian songs and all the Russian women come over to him for pictures and kisses, lol. This guy knows how to have a good time :) . He said I should show up next time too. Btw, I thought he would win, not me. It was really a shocker.

Kestrel Motors Inc.

Oct 18, 2011
Nebraska
Good job on the award, man! Nice uniform too ;). I may be one of the only ones here to notice you don't have the right ammo belt, but you still look sharp with the bike.

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
Good job on the award, man! Nice uniform too ;). I may be one of the only ones here to notice you don't have the right ammo belt, but you still look sharp with the bike.
Thanks man. When I have this uniform on and I ride the bike I get swarmed by thumbs-up's and photos when I ride. Folks really dig it.
You must be referring to the M1910/17 10 pouch ammunition belt that I am not wearing. I'm not portraying infantry, I'm signal corps. Side arm only. I'm wearing the M1910 pistol belt. I just don't have the 1911 holster and magazine pouch yet. The day before this photo was taken I had just received the uniform from the taylor that was over-nighted from Tennessee to me. They were a little late getting it to me but they (Schipperfabrik) came through and got it to me in time for this show. I'll have everything proper for the uniform in the future. It's just expensive and I need to get the stuff one piece at a time.