Just starting.. rat/steampunk schwinn

GoldenMotor.com

CBoyd

Aug 10, 2012
Michigan
Hi my names Chuck. Just getting started on this old Schwinn. Gonna be semi rat/steampunk inspired. Lots of handmade parts brass and copper. Bike has already been raked a small amount for clearance and looks. Solid mounted the seat and got some mid rise bars. looking for old springer forks and old lights n such. Just starting so let me know what ya think. Paint will be red primer with black underneath distressed and very vintage looking.

Attachments

CBoyd

Aug 10, 2012
Michigan
Thanks. Got a lot of plans. Been researching a lot so I have something reliable to ride back and forth to the shop. Thinking of doing pull start and other extra goodies too.

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
Welcome, if you do the pullstarter, buy the all matal one , the one that has plastic guts doesn't last. Belive me, I learned the hard way. I bought my second one from BGF on e-bay for $22 and no more broken starter. Caution you may have to go to wider pedal cranks for clearance. Good luck.

CBoyd

Aug 10, 2012
Michigan
Thanks for the info. I've been doing lots of researching to see what makes these lil motors tick and tick well. I plan on all new gaskets, carb, spark plug and wire, and grease up some guts before she runs. Pull start and brake lights n such are also gonna be on. Lots of fun trinkets and stuff are gonna be rigged up.

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
Dude, if going to buy a carb , then think about the THATDAX.com RT clone. It's $29.99+ $9.00 for shipping its the carb. I've got 2 and its got great reviews there check it out. Comes with air filter, and a jet kit. He says you need a RT cable but you don't. Just use your stock cable and them scew off the top of your carb. It's got a semi auto choke on it.