Hello

GoldenMotor.com

bigdfromaz

May 25, 2012
Colorado Springs
I stumbled across this forum the other day because I've been learning about and working on two stroke engines. I've got a Lawn Boy mower and a snowblower somebody left by the curb I've been working on and I'm addicted. So I found this place and that's it. My wife's not going to be happy about me having a fifth bicycle, but I've got to build one. I'm a stay at home dad with 5 kids (15, 10, 5, 2, 1), my wife's a doctor in the Air Force, and I've been trying to figure out how to take them all out for rides. We have tandem for the 10 year old and myself, and I've decided I'd like to have made/make a sidecar that runs the length of the tandem to hold the three little ones. My original plan was a trail-a-bike and bike trailer, but I've got to have the seatpost on the stoker all the way down and the trail-a-bike attaches to the post. Also, I live around a lot of hills and that's a pretty long train to pull on my own. After finding this forum, I had pretty much decided I need a cruiser for myself and to motorize the tandem. I was thinking about the 212 Predator for the tandem, but apparently in CO I have to stay at 50cc or under for a motorized bike. I think in the next few weeks I'll buy a Micargi Rover 3 speed and then one of the Grubee SkyHawk kits. I don't want to spend a whole lot of money on my first build, so I think this is a good route. Looking forward to learning from everyone, I already have been from the lurking Ive been doing.