Weediez Bike

GoldenMotor.com

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
should i lower or raise the float
Have you run it yet? Is it running out of gas? You may not have to do anything to it. I've ran a few at a pretty good angle and it worked fine. Then a couple I ran like that didn't. Run it around for a while and see how it acts.
Big Red.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Gosh, it's nice W, but it looks complicated!

I agree with Alf. You will probably have probs with fuel.
Is there a reason why you can't roll the engine backwards for a better carb angle, then bend the exhaust pipe to where it should be? I filed my motor mounts for a better fit with the carb setting level. I suppose you could also cut and re-weld the manifold.

You can fiddle with the float level, but it will never be right, at that angle.

Front fender REALLY needs better support. Read the threads on that...

Good luck
rc

weediez

Apr 13, 2012
A\N
Thats just how the motor sits with the mounts but in the fuel vent tube it fills up with fuel so should I.... Mess with the float ive been ridin it around and it dont run out of gas if that what yall mean

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Yup.
That's wut we'all mean.
The float mechanism is simply not designed to be adjusted when operating at that angle.

But if yer happy, run it!
:)
rc

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Yeah Rusty, That would be the best solution, to angle the mounts. Right now he's probably (I hope) got the mounts flat to the frame and ya just can't slide an engine to where ya want it sometimes, without some work anyway.
And you can't just angle the back side of the mounts or it throws off the bolt angle into the engine. Manic Mechanic came up with a very expensive solution for this.
http://mmbikeparts.com/
Perhaps others will have a better idea rather than spending a couple hundred bucks on motor mounts.
I used this one on my latest personal build. You can use thin angled rubber shims to get it flat on the frame if needed.
fatdaddy.
P.S. Al Fisherman makes custom motor mounts.

Attachments

Last edited:

weediez

Apr 13, 2012
A\N
Should I leave that tube up and let it fill up or down back towards the ground and let it drain or ("trash it") as al says

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Should I leave that tube up and let it fill up or down back towards the ground and let it drain or ("trash it") as al says
As much as we've talked, and you being mechanically challenged with these engines in general, particular the carburetor, put it up for sale and get a NT or NT speed. But all thing said, that build looks nice. Oh and as already mentioned, work on those fenders before you hurt yourself.

Last edited:

weediez

Apr 13, 2012
A\N
hey what causes fuel to be in my air filter i blew it out with a air compresser but i would like to know whats the cause

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Yah!

Those manic mounts do look very nice!

W, a 2 cycle engine normally has a 'spit' back out the carb if it does not have reed valves.
With your circumstance, you will probably have a bit more than most since you will be either over-fueling, or starving for fuel, and trying to compensate by giving more throttle than would normally be required.

Don'tworryaboutit

Have fun riding it for a while before you decide to make it better.
rc

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Rusty is right, These things blow back some gas. As long as it runs OK and it ain't dripping gas all over, RIDE THAT THING.
fatdaddy.