Where are all the 49cc engine only

GoldenMotor.com

Stormsorter

Jun 10, 2010
Jasper County Illinois
Is Dax the only one who has them in stock or am I overlooking someone. Was hoping to find one in the BGF price range. I've checked all the sponsors with no luck. If anyone can point me in the right direction please do. I'd prefer not to get a 66cc due to state law, (even though I'm sure I could get away with it) and I've read on these forums that the 49cc's are balanced a bit better. Plus I'm already tuned for a 49cc pipe and carb wise. Might just have to go ahead and rebuild my current but I wanted to use it to mock up mounts for my Stiletto.

Talking about 2stroke HT's

On a side note anyone know of an better flywheel to connecting rod bearing or even a bushing that would fit one that came with a bearing? :-||

Last edited:

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
I was at a point where I couldn't find a 49cc motor either. I contacted BGF and talked to Sonny. They have them just not listed. I think I paid $86 plus shipping for one.

Stormsorter

Jun 10, 2010
Jasper County Illinois
Thanks for the info Dave. I had thought about that but not tried. To bad I gota line up some side/odd jobs or wait tell next month to get one. Had to catch up on all the damn winter heating bills and left myself pretty much broke for the rest of the month. Of coarse right after that I find out there's a lot of horizontal slide and tilt in my lower con rod. Oh well, now I'll have an engine to rebuild and an excuse to start on the chopper.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Yah, I know about the power bill thing :p I bought a few things over the winter, biggest splurge was $90 for a SA Dyno hub drum brake.

I'm not sure exactly how much a motor is but I think I'm close at under $90...somewhere.

Stormsorter

Jun 10, 2010
Jasper County Illinois
BGF 80cc is about $100 shipped so you can't be to far off. Splurging on computer upgrades right after moving to a new place = bad idea. Everything is electric including the furnace. First bill after turning it on and right after the upgrade was 3times what I expected. Been playing catchup ever since. Next year I'm getting a couple plugin radiant heaters and never turning that furnace on again. On the plus side a buddies mom has a landscaping job for me tomorrow. I always like her jobs, she pays more than what I think its worth but less than she would a pro so its always win win for both of us.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Do you want just the engine, and not a full kit?
I have a few...
They are the 49cc "Red Tag" type.

I can beat the 100 dollar shipped price fo'sho'!

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I use my smaller motor bike more often- with a lightweight newer cruiser frame and 700 C wheels with a lightweight 415 Trike chain and an alloy sprocket bolted to the hub, the bike feels and rolls much like a roadbike and the bike itself has more caught up with the smaller motor.

It's lighter than the other- although I have a shock fork on that- and while a tad slower (a 39 sprock and not a 34), it just handles easier and feels more within the normal range of the brake pads.

I paid $105 from Boygofast for the entire kit about 2 1/2 years ago now- and have gotten great practical use out of it- I'm all over about a three mile range I usually ride for coffee and shopping- I put a dollars worth of gas in the tank and it usually lasts more than a week.

I tried to make it as light as possible because I've had to push it up a flight of stairs to my apartment- but now- I've FINALLY got a house and the bikes will all be at ground level-

won't that be nice!

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
So, where are the guys who wanted to know where all the cheap 49cc engines were?

I have a few still in boxes, complete kits, just the engines or anything in between....