Black)(Widow

GoldenMotor.com

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Looking good Kipharley. I like the advertising plate on the clutch cover. Looks better than a sticker. lol What brand frame is that? Dyno? Running the exhaust to the back always help noise and oil.

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
Looking good Kipharley. I like the advertising plate on the clutch cover. Looks better than a sticker. lol What brand frame is that? Dyno? Running the exhaust to the back always help noise and oil.
Hi,Goat.That is a OP aluminum frame single speed.Lends itself really nice to motorize.
One problem is that the steering head is so long I couldn't put a springer on it!Yeah I think that exhaust is a nice touch.Thanks for the compliments.Kip.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
That IS a kewl looking bike!
You also might want to screw that chain tensioner into the frame so it doesn't move (or worse) get pulled into the spokes. ;)

beegould

Sep 9, 2010
Oklahoma ,
Kip, thanks for posting these photos. Can't wait to get my roller up and running. Wonder if you could tell me how you set up the rear sprocket. Having some trouble with mine. Here's what I've got from the inside out: metal braces, rubber spacer, spokes, rubber spacer, sprocket with dished side toward spokes. The outer rubber spacer prevents the sprocket from going around the hub. How did you address this on this bike?

I love your tweaks to this bike and kit.

Thanks for the welcome. bg

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
Glad the pics can help.You want the dished side of the sprocket facing out.The sprocket will go over the hub once you tighten it down.Make sure that you keep it centered while your fetching it up.I use flat washers lock and nyloc nuts for fastners.Slowly tighten them down keeping the sprocket true.I made a little stand to true the sprocket with a piece of flat bar that I can adjust for the sprocket to run into, to gage which bolts to tighten untill they are"tight enough" Try to make sure they are the same tightness.Kinda have to play it by ear unless you want to spring for a hub mount bracket that Pirate cycles sells.Take your time on this you'll be glad you did down the road.Just holler if you need more help,Someone will jump in.Kip.

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
That is a cut down hockey puck!I use it for the front and rear mount.Flat piece for rear.
"In my opionion" it works great.That and other things I do to the set-up passes the mirror test!
If you don't know what the mirror test is.It's very scientific!
It's when you can make out things in your mirror cruising down the road.
My advice is.If it makes sense to you use it.If it does I'll explain it in detail.Kip.

CDizzle

Oct 1, 2011
Dayton, OH
Kip, I'm going to be building an OP Roller. I noticed you said the neck is too long for a springer!? do you recall how much too long it is? I already have the bike and have been pricing bent springers, but i don't want to waist the money if i can't possibly modify the neck tube. On my frame the Neck tube is 7" but there is 1/2" at the top & Bottom of the neck tube that could be trimmed down making the overall length 6". Would that make the needed room for a springer?

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
Kip, I'm going to be building an OP Roller. I noticed you said the neck is too long for a springer!? do you recall how much too long it is? I already have the bike and have been pricing bent springers, but i don't want to waist the money if i can't possibly modify the neck tube. On my frame the Neck tube is 7" but there is 1/2" at the top & Bottom of the neck tube that could be trimmed down making the overall length 6". Would that make the needed room for a springer?
I don't post help on the forum anymore as I have been
accused of posting "DOUBIOUS" info! E-mail me and I'll help you out! Kip.
[email protected]

Attachments