New CNS Carbs have NO ADJUSTMENT!!!

GoldenMotor.com

Reed

Mar 13, 2011
Wausau, WI
Stupid EPA...I can't get my bike to run properly because they told Grubee to epoxy the adjustment screws in place!

Anyone know how to loosen this death grip the epoxy has on my adjustment screws??:-||

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
There are tons of threads in this forum about the problems with CNS carburetors.
If no luck, maybe try an NT carb. Less headaches, easier to work on and tune, etc.

oldsub

Dec 9, 2010
Victoria
Here is something you may want to try. Take a soldering iron, get it as hot as you can, then place the tip of the iron on the screw, get it hot then try it, try again once it cooled down. Keep working between hot and cold, I'm sure it will break down the glue.

spit_fire

Aug 28, 2009
Brampton
PUT IT IN A VISE AND BUST OUT THE AIR CHISEL :p (just kidding dont do that) im curious to find out what would brake down the epoxy first but im sure the heat to cold will defenetly do the job like all theses guys mentioned ^^^^

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
wow mine the glue just fell out, turned the screws no problem at all, and a little bit of crusty glue fell out and i continued on my way.

IreBo

Jul 22, 2011
Monterey,CA
Yep. my glue was no challenge, but i took the whole thing apart and cleaned out all the metal shavings that are everywhere in that carb!! they don’t clean them very well from the factory and shavings will eventually clog up a hole and cause a problem...... take the jets out and spray with carb cleaner and then gently blow out with an air nozzle.. while the jet is out i seriously advise to increase the jet size by drilling out with a #67to #64 jewelers bit!! There are several threads that help with this…..[/B][/B]

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
The glue makes little to no difference, as those two screws modify the pilot jet's air/fuel and idle, not the main/throttle jet.

This is my mini guide to fixing a stock CNS.

1. Tighten both jets.
2. Clear any airleaks at the intake (this may take a while, simplest way is to use a Manic Mechanic intake specifically designed for CNS carbs).
3. Adjust the float.
4. Adjust pilot/idle jet's air/fuel and idle screws (if possible).
5. (optional) Chop the choke cable with about 4 - 12 inches slack from the carb side. Either loop and crimp the cable (4") or roll it up in a series of loops (12"). If your bike is running right, you won't need the choke, and there's no chance of hitting it accidentally on the handlebars.

When I got my CNS tuned up right, it outperformed my NT carb in the 1/4 mile, 33 MPH vs 28. They're good carbs when you give them the chance.

Last edited:

Lightster361

Sep 6, 2011
Texas
you could disassemble and place in a small jar of MEK from your local paint store it will dissolve any adhesive, plastic, resin, or paint take care it is extremely flammable and toxic.