billet intake

GoldenMotor.com

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
Does the straight billet intake with the oring fit well on slant head engines? I'd like to get it if its such an improvement and no hassle to put on.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Does the straight billet intake with the oring fit well on slant head engines? I'd like to get it if its such an improvement and no hassle to put on.
I think that's what they're made for, but you still have to shorten the clutch cable holder 1/4" to clear the carb.

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
To do that, do u grind it down or what? They say shorten it but how? The description seem to lack details.

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
The hole the clutch cable goes thru to hold the cable housing back, wouldn't shortening that make the cable to pop out?

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I think what you do is unscrew the cable holder out of the motor. Cut 1/4" off the bottom of it, and then screw it back in. Then it will be 1/4" lower down.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com

brentemmons

Mar 28, 2011
Danbury N.H
I have 2 bikes and have one on each ,my newer motor was already shorter from the factory and has the bigger carb ,it clears fine.My other bike has a small carb and fit without cutting a thing.Big difference in the way it runs,well worth the money and work.
.wee.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
The newer billet has much better frame clearance-

I'm going to cut the old down and notch it also with a hacksaw-

my 50 sleeve carb is giving me problems, so the old billet will have to be have wider holes cut in too- but i think it will work- I got the new billet for half price- what a bargain!

The older billet has the blue air cleaner- you can get some idea of the tight clearance it had. The newer install I painted the air cleaner red.

Here mounted with an NT Speed carb- runs fantastic!

Attachments

Last edited:

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Also -just a tip-

use the double-nutted lock down tecnique to remove the old male studs to be able to use the cleaner looking allen bolts that come with the intake. Tighten two bolts together, and then back off the stud turning the bottom bolt.

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
It fits. The screws/bots it came with i didn't use. I just used the same bolts that came with the engine kit for the maifold. They have a lip around the outside of them and this billet intake is curved really close to the holes so i just sanded the lip off the bolts and that worked fine. My carb sits tilted to the left but it runs fine still. I still don't have idle. I still have to hold in the clutch for it to idle when i come to a stop. Everything is sealed and i still don't have idle. How odd. The bolt that keep the clamp tight on the carb decided to sieze up and so now im going to have to drill the head off that to get the bolt off. I'm thinking of just using a hose clamp. I may get another bolt and nut. idk. I'm getting alot better gas mileage though. I went on a ride last night and only used a few ounces of gas. This morning i went for a early mornine ride at 530 and i went like 3-5 miles and only used a few onces as well. :) Now my leak problem is the silicone tubing holding my sbp xchamber together. Its leaking in out in between the rubber tubing. I'd like to get the xchamber welded together, but i would like to be able to adjust it. I may just use some duct tape and electrician tape to seal it.

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
It fits. The screws/bots it came with i didn't use. I just used the same bolts that came with the engine kit for the maifold. They have a lip around the outside of them and this billet intake is curved really close to the holes so i just sanded the lip off the bolts and that worked fine. My carb sits tilted to the left but it runs fine still. I still don't have idle. I still have to hold in the clutch for it to idle when i come to a stop. Everything is sealed and i still don't have idle. How odd. The bolt that keep the clamp tight on the carb decided to sieze up and so now im going to have to drill the head off that to get the bolt off. I'm thinking of just using a hose clamp. I may get another bolt and nut. idk. I'm getting alot better gas mileage though. I went on a ride last night and only used a few ounces of gas. This morning i went for a early mornine ride at 530 and i went like 3-5 miles and only used a few onces as well. :) Now my leak problem is the silicone tubing holding my sbp xchamber together. Its leaking in out in between the rubber tubing. I'd like to get the xchamber welded together, but i would like to be able to adjust it. I may just use some duct tape and electrician tape to seal it.
sounds to me, when you say "I still don't have idle. I still have to hold in the clutch for it to idle when i come to a stop. ".....you simply need to adjust your clutch cable, either at the lever or at the actuator bar- REAL SIMPLE FIX!
and as you ride around and your cable stretches, or clutch pads wear down, etc... you should(and will) become quite familiar with the process of finding and keeping a proper "sweet spot"
- I just always hold mine in anyways... only use the cable stay for warming her up before riding.

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
.i adjusted clutch plate, it only comes out like half a milimeter. i loosend the flowernut.i too the flower nut off and put it back on. it comea out a little. i havent ran it because im having to get a bolt for the clamp that holds the carbuerator. on tight.

clashed13

Aug 30, 2011
Michigan
Im getting this intake in when its available its on backorder right now so I have to wait :( but my new rt carb is coming in on monday

ToxicAz520

Mar 11, 2011
Tucson,Arizona
I have had one of these for like 4 months and have not put it on yet in fear of the 45 degree angle that the carb would sit at. After much research and this thread I feel that I can adjusst the float enough for it to work so I put it on tonight. Will have to wait fot the silicone to set and test tomarrow.

I did mount it with no gasket just silicone as the gasket do you think it will work or should I test it and then make a gasket out of my gasket material?