Hello from Minneapolis

GoldenMotor.com

bogyman57

May 19, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Howdy All!

I've got a 24" Boy's Cranbrook that I'm planning on strapping a GXH50 onto.

Yes, I know it won't fit, but I work in a fab shop and I'll be modifying the frame to make it fit.

I'm also serious about getting a EZ tranny to top it off...

I'm attaching a dump (jpg) of the dxf file for the aformentioned frame modifications I'm planning on making.

I'll be chopping the front part of the A-frame off just above the pedal-sprocket, bending the front part of the frame down to be 1" off of the front fender, chopping THAT to fit, and then doing a 3-point weld to the 1/4" motor mount.

Is anyone else around here crazy enough to have done a similar mod on a 24" Cranny?

Or am I just crazy on my own?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Attachments

bogyman57

May 19, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Re: Hello from Minneapolis *update

Thanks for the welcome!

I have a question for you moderator types...

I mentioned that I work in a fab shop.

Actually I am a LASER cutter operator (3300 watt) and I work alone on the 2nd shift - so I am pretty much free to do "government work" as we call it...

I cut sheet and plate steel all night long out of anything smaller than 6' x 12'.
(anywhere from 30 guage anything up to 1" mild plate, or 3/4" stainless steel)

I was wondering if anybody in our community has a need for "one-off" parts that I can make out of scrap materials (which we have a LOT of - it's not uncommon for me to scrap out 2 square foot sections of unused material)

I can cut custom motor-mounts, sprockets, etc... (just as long as it's FLAT)

All I need is a .dwg or .dxf file (or a very detailed drawing) of the part needed.

I would love to be of help to this community - I'm really not interested in the money aspect. (pay the shipping & buy me a case of beer is all I ask...)

So, my question to you, dear moderator, is where is the best thread to offer my humble services...

Thanks,

bogyman57
a.k.a. Terry

ratrod

Feb 7, 2011
Australia
hi there bogyman57
welcome............ you are one lucky guy to have all those tools at you desposal 3200watts will blow that top tube away no problem.....i was thinking a metal saw to do the job.....technology has come along way....
post heaps of picks i like to see custom work i may go down that avenue too.
take care Ride On!!

bogyman57

May 19, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
hi there bogyman57
welcome............ you are one lucky guy to have all those tools at you desposal 3200watts will blow that top tube away no problem.....i was thinking a metal saw to do the job.....technology has come along way....
post heaps of picks i like to see custom work i may go down that avenue too.
take care Ride On!!
Thanks!

Speaking of taking heaps of pix, I've just completed the frame mods this evening and I've been taking step-by-step pictures throughout the process.

My intention is to do an "instructable-like" ditty about my ordeal. Who knows, it may grow into a "real" instructable someday.

Anywho, I've been searching the forum for a place to post such a thing.
Huffy Cranbrook seems like a place to start, but I want it in a thread more geared to "major modifications" (if you know what I mean)
I'm posting my latest pic of her just as a teaser.
Any pointers you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments