Hello all from upstate SC

GoldenMotor.com

fritznbud

Aug 13, 2010
Westminster, SC
I have a Huffy Cranbrook that i bought completed. A low mileage fine looking bike. 95 miles on the odometer. I had to have it and it sits in my living room like a piece of furniture would. Of course, it has a slipping clutch just like i've read about on this site. So for now, that's all it is...a piece of furniture. All of the clutch tips here and on motoredbikes dont work for this bike. Too bad i won't be riding.:-||

biken stins

Jul 11, 2008
Welcome to the site.
Take clutch apart.
Smooth the edges on the pucks so they are not wedged in.
If bearings fall out replace them,grease well.
Clean it.
Put back together and adjust.
Think the cover should have a adjusting hole in it as much as one has to adjust some of them.
Don't give up.
You can always turn it into a lamp.

fritznbud

Aug 13, 2010
Westminster, SC
Thanks Biken, I finally got it! A B.F.Goodrich Advantage GT sidewall has a perfect rough surface to make new clutch pads out of. A utility knife, pair of scissors and a pen to trace around the old pad or puck, and i'm cruising!! :)

SAYNONOW

Aug 14, 2010
S.C.
I'm from the upstate as well, Spartanburg to be exact. Nice to hear you got it running. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the completed bicycle? I don't think I have the rights to welcome you to the forum as this is my first post, So have fun.

fritznbud

Aug 13, 2010
Westminster, SC
I think i stole it for $200, and i just came back from a hwy. 11 cruise through Salem, if you know Salem, it's a very hilly area, my bike pulled the hills flawlessly.