new member, starting a build

GoldenMotor.com

Jonvo4591

Jun 28, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
Hi eveyone, I just figured I'd stop in and introduce myself before I go making my build thread.

I'm 19, from GR, Michigan, and I'm in the very early phases of building my motorized bike I've been waiting for.

I plan on using an air cooled 2-stroke snowblower engine I got for free, and an 80's Schwinn world road bike I also got for free. I'm trying to do this while keeping costs down. I have a few tricks up my sleeves, and I will start a build thread to document things and present questions.

Thanks! and great forum!

Jonvo4591

Jun 28, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm going on with the build. I'm pretty mechanically inclined, and I think solving problems is half the fun of the experience.

I like doing some fabricating and brainstorming and things like that. I like to figure out how to do things with an open mind sometimes.

I got some work done on it tonight, actually.

charles.paskell

Feb 25, 2010
NC
I made a home made motor once I loved it just as much as i like my Grubee skyhawk anglefire GT5 now. jonvo4591 build it!

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Hi eveyone, I just figured I'd stop in and introduce myself before I go making my build thread.

I'm 19, from GR, Michigan, and I'm in the very early phases of building my motorized bike I've been waiting for.

I plan on using an air cooled 2-stroke snowblower engine I got for free, and an 80's Schwinn world road bike I also got for free. I'm trying to do this while keeping costs down. I have a few tricks up my sleeves, and I will start a build thread to document things and present questions.

Thanks! and great forum!
Greetings Jonvo4591
Glad to have you aboard
Cheers
Terry

ezdoesit

Jun 17, 2010
Michigan

Thanks! and great forum!
I'm from GR also and Welcome to the forum Jonvo! We have a lot of Great Guys here, you should have no trouble Buying, selling , and trading! Not to mention the wealth of knowlege here to tap into! Good luck on your projects!

Jonvo4591

Jun 28, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
Thanks! I've always been a fan of forums, and I think I've been a member of at least one car forum for every car I've owned, and guitar forums, and now a bike forum, so that makes like 15 forums. I like the idea of having a wealth of knowledge and experience at my fingertips. and I like to meet people who are into the same things I am :)