bummer

GoldenMotor.com

shoundog

Mar 11, 2010
Huntersville, NC
Hay I am 58 years old and have worked on everything from bikes, motorcycles, lawnmowers, big rigs, jets, and locomotives. I guess I just like thing to go easy now so I ordered the hub adapter and sprocket from Jim. It's a bummer working inside thoes spokes with my tired and artritic old hands. I'll bet he gets a lot of orders from people like me besides they sure do look better than the other setup.

Nov 23, 2009
Lakeland, FL
The benefits of Jim's hub adapter and sprocket go on and on. You'll probably hear a lot of them as responses.

Working on jets, I'm sure you'll appreciate the quality and fit of his hubs and sprockets and the universality of being able to slide the hub to properly space the chain between the frame and tire. It's a great design. Those two bolts on the hub and three bolts on the sprocket are WAY easier to work with than those nine threaded devils that come with the rag-joint inspired kit ogres. It's a simplistic design that works for what it is but, Jim's works GREAT.

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
I have never bought anything from him, and I may get bashed for saying this, but he doesn't seem too friendly in some discussions. May just be me trying to read tone into print, but it definitely gave me second thoughts of using him as a source.

Nov 23, 2009
Lakeland, FL
No bashing here Civilized. I know what you're saying and it's possible to mis-read. Whether or not that is what is happening, I can say that the hub adapter works like a charm. It's definitely an improvement over the rubber mounted one.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I have never bought anything from him, and I may get bashed for saying this, but he doesn't seem too friendly in some discussions. May just be me trying to read tone into print, but it definitely gave me second thoughts of using him as a source.
I think I have the same rep... :rolleyes:
I'm always joking around in person & I don't think it translates into print very well! :oops: