Muffler

GoldenMotor.com

AnthonyX99

Oct 13, 2009
Winnipeg
I just the removed the baffle/cap in on my muffler and notice better response from the engine and a little louder just some popping noise put on the road boy did it pour and seemed much more powerful quiet a difference. Now for my question is it illegal to do this I live in Canada Winnipeg,Manitoba and will it lean the gas and use a higher mix to will this destroy my engine thanks. r.ly.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Well, it is annoying as all getout so many will be tempted to destroy your motor lol

If yer gonna do that, I would mention drilling a hole(s) in the end cap and putting it back on and/or removing some of the baffles. This will provide some backpressure and tone down the noise a bit.

But really the best/only way to go is to get a tuned pipe, Sick Bike Parts has one that works really well with a pronounced power gain - many have adapted the cheaper pocket bike pipes to fit.

It may not be illegal to run w/o the endcap - but man, people will hate you o.o

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
Yea dont be starting that thing up before 9am or the neighbors might throw a hanging party for you near the tallest tree.

saetta

Jul 29, 2008
Central Missouri
With the end cap off You can cut the length of the inside baffle tube down in length and re install. The noise level raised slightly. This worked for me.

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
well. i removed the entire bafle tube, but i dont advise it. i find im alot happyer (as is the engine) with the muffler bone stock.
SBP does have an awful nice tuned pipe.
if these things were still legal through loopholes here in ontario and i wasnt worried about it getting confiscated, since the local detachment of rookie opp here do with about anything kids have, i would be dropping almost $500 to SBP this time next week.

Drilling a few holes in the endcap gives it a decent little compromise in low end gain tho that is your best route as mentioned.

marts1

Sep 18, 2009
Oshawa Ont CA
well. i removed the entire bafle tube, but i dont advise it. i find im alot happyer (as is the engine) with the muffler bone stock.
SBP does have an awful nice tuned pipe.
if these things were still legal through loopholes here in ontario and i wasnt worried about it getting confiscated, since the local detachment of rookie opp here do with about anything kids have, i would be dropping almost $500 to SBP this time next week.

Drilling a few holes in the endcap gives it a decent little compromise in low end gain tho that is your best route as mentioned.
Are you talking about Ont. Canada which is where I live and its not illegal here? I know many think it is, even the odd cop but the fact is it is not.

AnthonyX99

Oct 13, 2009
Winnipeg
Well I just took it for a ride without the baffle on passed couple cop cars they did nothing though I had a DOT full helmet on but I wasn't stop and drivers where more aware I was there and passed me like a normal person not almost hitting me I drove it for a about 4 hours and I'm gonna check the spark plug if it's black brown or to lean.

theblueboy

Oct 11, 2009
Pittsburgh
Hey Guys! I know this sound stupid but, how do you remove
the bottom of the muffler? I tried unscrewing the two screws on the
bottom and it still wouldn't come out? And after I take it out then what should
I do to make it go faster? I've done the break-in period (1 Gallon) but I'm sure
I have not gone 200 miles yet and it only makes it up to 27mph on flat.
How do I make it go faster?

Andrew

wes

Aug 17, 2009
Tucson Az
Hey blue boy, give your motor some time to break in, my last one took 300 miles strong before it got a suddden boost of power, shortly after i cut out the baffle and driled a couple holes, if you dont wate for the break in and start playin with the exhaust you may wash out your rings do to not enough back pressure, be patiant with your engine and then fine tune it and you will be happy with the amount of miles that you can actually get out of one of these motors, Good luck

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I drilled some extra holes in the end cap, because I'm a little suspect of a pipe coming out the back that is smaller than the opening at the motor- it seems really tempting back pressure poor performance to me. It did make things louder, which is unfortunate.

Then the friggin end cap fell off on it's own riding, I couldn't find it, and it seemed really too loud then. So my solution, posted this summer was to extend the muffler with an aluminum can (I use long 16 oz beer cans) and I drill holes in the end, which replaces the end cap, and makes the whole thing really even more quiet than stock. The can is held on by a radiator hose worm clamp.

Just how much difference it makes was evident one day when it came off. It was VERY much louder when it did. It is best to cut some seams lengthwise wher the can goes over the muffler so it overlaps itself a little and does not crimp. At first I used TWO cans and re-covered the whole muffler, but that kept a lot of heat on the muffler, so now I just use one, overlapped on the muffler end an inch or so.

I bought a chrome extended muffler and pipe from boygofast on ebay, but it won't fit my cruiser with oversized down tubing. Now it looks as if that WILL fit on a Scwhinn Wordl traveller I'm building, with normal size tubing, so I'm real happy about that, because both the pipe and muffler are considerably longer, and I know it will be quiet now, especially on a smaller 50 motor. And I can use the chrome muffler in the kit now on the cruiser- I'll probably still stay with the beer can extender, because it's quieter.

happy motoring

Last edited:

theblueboy

Oct 11, 2009
Pittsburgh
Hey Guys,
I wanted to get couple opinions on a few things on my 80cc motor.
I just wanted to know if I could have ruined my motor,
by changing the oil ratio to quickly? I looked up some
Instructions online and they said after the first gallon of gas,
change the oil and gas ratio to 25:1. And that's what I did
before I read on ebay from the buyer I bought it from,
adjust the ratio after the first 300 miles.
I think I've gone about 120 miles so far. So, Should I switch back to 16:1
or just leave it as 25:1? And I forgot to put on the gas filter so should I put that
on and the cord is hard as a rock. Should I get a different one? Sorry for all the
Questions. Right now I get about 25mph on flat. I hope it will get up to 45mph.
And I only weigh about 110 pounds so I guess that should help the top speed too.
By the way here's the link to where I bought it from. Link is at the bottom.
I also spray painted the engine black.Could that have done any thing to it?
Thanks Guys and I hope that you can help me out!

theblueboy

Link: UPGRADED 80CC BICYCLE MOTOR ENGINE KIT MOTORIZED BIKE:eBay Motors (item 150383698621 end time Nov-25-09 11:23:05 PST)

wes

Aug 17, 2009
Tucson Az
Your oil ratio is fine at 25:1, i break mine in at 24:1 for 300 miles and now i use 50:1 and my motor seems to like it, but i dont sugest you try 50:1 unless you are for sure the oil your using is capable, i have ran 24:1 and got over 8000 miles out of one motor so i dought you have hut your motor. It is a wise idea to have an inline fuel filter but you might need some new fuel line if yours has hardend. As far as speed goes if you are using a 44th sprocket that comes with a lot of these kits your speed will not get much more than what you got, i use a 36 tooth and im pushing it to get 31 mph out of it, every motor is different as far as the way they run is, some have a higher top speed, some run smooth and some dont, but they all seem to run strong after 300 miles or so you will get a power boost that is quite noticeable, just be patiant and keep riding it. Good Luck

wes

Aug 17, 2009
Tucson Az
you can use the black rubber fuel line that is used on cars, just make sure it is rated for gas or youl have problems in the future. I use the clear, it shows me when there is gunk in the line, occasionally i take off the line from the pit cok and drain out the little pieces of dirt that tend to get in there over time, the line goes back on with no problems. you can buy the clear at any dirt bke shop or you can find the rubber behind the counter at your local autoparts store, the black will say on it if its for transmission fluid of fuel and so on. good luck