newbe

GoldenMotor.com

jjjonz

Sep 29, 2009
DothaN Al.
Hello all.....I'm a old newbee.I'm 66 years old from Dotha Alabama.I have been checking out this site for awhile and am just amazed at these little engines.I have been looking at the Huffy from WAl Mart and the Grubee Skyhawk engine.I weigh about 240 lbs and only want to cruise the neighborhood.Sould I get the 48cc or the66/80cc ? I look forward to learning from everyone .

Thanks..............JJ zpt

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome to the forum JJ , glad you joined us.

Only my opinion...I would go with the bigger motor, just a little more low end torque.

kla63

Jul 15, 2009
NEW HAMSHIRE
Hello all.....I'm a old newbee.I'm 66 years old from Dotha Alabama.I have been checking out this site for awhile and am just amazed at these little engines.I have been looking at the Huffy from WAl Mart and the Grubee Skyhawk engine.I weigh about 240 lbs and only want to cruise the neighborhood.Sould I get the 48cc or the66/80cc ? I look forward to learning from everyone .

Thanks..............JJ zpt
go for the 66 it will pull your weight better!!!.shft.

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
The 80cc sounds good -the bigger the better not because they're faster but because they can handle the heavy load a lot better and will last a lot longer.When these tiny motors used to drive bicycles they are submitted to extreme loads and don't last long before running into engine failure.Pedal assistance&maintanence help them to last allot longer. P.S.Welcome to the forum you will learn a lot here from many helpful and knowledgeable people.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome jjonz. Unless your state laws limit you to 48cc, get the bigger motor.
There is a section on this forum about state laws.