48cc ban?

GoldenMotor.com

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
These things are illegal baned or not allowed in Australia and most of Asia, i still hear about em overthere and here i see more and more every day! All i think will happen is you will have to pay for em like we do. 50cc kit $245.00 + freight 66cc kit $285.00+ freight motor only $150 and $180

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
These engines have been banned in singapore since 2004 lmao..

But i got my kit in 2009 hehehehehe

dance1dance1dance1

laff

Wow your brave, From what ive heard Singapore is 1 of the cleanest places around and if Bubble gum is banned what happens if your caught with the bike?

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
I just got an email from a regular eBay seller of the China Gas kits saying that there is a good possibility the US is going to ban the import of these engines.. Anyone else heard this?
I don't suppose you would be able to reveal the name or link to this "mystery" source?

Sydneysider

Mar 20, 2009
Sydney
Yeh sounds about the same as here (in theory)
They're not illegale here, mate. While going to and from work, I and so many others have ridden past heaps of cops by the side of the road, most of them give me a friendly wave. Now if they were illegal, wouldnt I have copped a hefty fine and take my bike away? I still got my bike.. They're not illegal here. Not yet anyway and hopefully never will be.

DonnnN

Jun 4, 2009
Singapore
They're not illegale here, mate. While going to and from work, I and so many others have ridden past heaps of cops by the side of the road, most of them give me a friendly wave. Now if they were illegal, wouldnt I have copped a hefty fine and take my bike away? I still got my bike.. They're not illegal here. Not yet anyway and hopefully never will be.
Well.. From what i know.. its illegal in queensland

Sydneysider

Mar 20, 2009
Sydney
Not so long maybe 1 month ago, 2 cops in fact looked at my bike for about 5 seconds and Im sure they noticed the motorised gear on it. They just nodded and I rode past without an issue.. Just as long as keep riding responsibly without showing off, there'll be less reason for them to be banned here..

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
Sorry dude its not that i dont want them to be illegal but as far as this page is concerned they are.
Motorised scooters, mini bikes, motorised devices
It might look a bit grey but it holds up in a court of law, as i said in an earlier post i know a guy who got done unlicenced unregisted no insurance and not paying road tax and is still paying the fines about 2k total and cannot get a licence for a car untill all fines are payed.
Maybe he had a **** lawyer

Find a cop who knows the law and ask them. the fact that cops wave at you is complete luck that they clearly dont know our own law.
Your kidding yourself if you think closeing down the plug gap will limit the power output to 200 watts it wont run i have tried this experiment.

Sydneysider

Mar 20, 2009
Sydney
Well.. From what i know.. its illegal in queensland
yep bikes powered by gas engines have just recently been banned in Queensland but bikes with electric motors are still allowed as long as the output is under 200watts:

Motorised foot scooters and motorised bicycles

You can still ride them here in NSW if you modify the output of the cdi. I did it myself once by intalling a resistor between the cdi and spark plug for a person who was extra cautious and then checked it on a dyno. Although it ran coughing and sputtering it still dyno'd at 197 watts

Last edited:

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
Theres a difference between these two pages regarding motorised bicycles:

Motorised foot scooters and motorised bicycles

&

Motorised scooters, mini bikes, motorised devices

NSW clearly allows us to ride gas motored bikes
Your right Queensland clearly state that the use of a petrol assisted bicycle to make the 200watts is prohibited but NSW says you can use a petrol motor to make the 200watts.

Fully aware that when they made the law it would mean that most petrol motors would be excluded.

What petrol Motor do you know of that will push a bike that is 200watts or like 9cc

It doesnt phase me either way. but instead of this go into a police station with a pic or even take ya bike and ask em for yourself.