Chinese Engine Junk

GoldenMotor.com

rbvideo

Jun 12, 2009
Missouri
only had this piece of crap for 3 months and now the clutch shaft is bent, will not start. I have replaced Magneto, CDI, plug, Plug wire, carburetor and still does not Fire up. I GIVE UP!

The company I got it from Bike Berry first said if I sent it back and they got it to work, they would send it back to me on MY expense. I will certainly enjoy watching the trash truck compactor crush this poor excuse of an engine. I am embarassed of the USA, they will not make anything any more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I would pay gladly pay 600 for something a tade better than a china. Oh wait I just did a Morini with a pipe. No but seriously first china went 5000 miles had to replace a CDI, gas tank leaking out of studs, carb needed a float adjustment. Not too bad second china 2000 miles seal one the crank case at the sprocket leaked. Made that thing scream to a high RPM. Third China I dunnolaff it still has about 100 miles on it

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Welcome to the forum Rbvideo Hope you have better luck theres great people here who are glad to help!

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I agree with Pablo... It is what it is, & you get what you pay for!
What kind of quality do you expect from China for only $150.00???
Every 1 out of 5 engine kits that I install has some kind of problem that I have to fix before I give the customer their bike!

dvddtz

Feb 15, 2009
Gulf Breeze, FL
Yea my first one lasted 2 months,2nd one 2500 miles and still going strong,only minor problems. usflg And I did pay 375 for an american built one and cant wait to get it.

ebmvegan

Jul 15, 2008
OC, Ca
My 1 year old 2000 mile made in China engine is still running strong. But I do know that their manufacturing is everything but consistent.

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
I guess I am still waiting for something bad to happen? I have built six bikes and have had no major problems with the engines so far. Who knows, tomorrow I may have one blow up, but for the price of these kits the engines are almost disposible.
Maybe it's just luck? You can beat skill, but you can't beat luck!

John

Ocean7

Jun 9, 2009
USA
My China engine gave in after 8 weeks....it was a learning curve. Can't wait to get my next engine!

.flg.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
That dude mopedamature smashed his engine against a rock and out of the third floor window to I think.
Then he got another one.

Welcome to the forum.