No more flat tires

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Very cool Mitch, looking forward to your report. Thanks for sharing.

Any update on your intake mod?

philymitch

Feb 7, 2009
Fresno CA USA
Ok here it is, Ive been doing tests all day on the stans tubeless tire kit.
I built a pair of 26 in wheels using the stans kit and tried all kinds of things to get it to fail but no luck even with my biggest problem them peskily roofing nails in the roads.
I built a board just like they did in the video and used roofing nails and ran my bike through it several times. The tires are still holding air but the 65 lbs of air I used in the tire went down to 60 lbs after going over a patch of nails 3feet long and 15 passes. That was the only down fall to the product I could find. I had even used an pick on the side walls and the tire still held up. It was pretty easy to do and will be using it in all my MBs tires. Sorry for not posting pics but my camera is down.

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
That's what I was thinking too Death. (May I call you "ill" for short? kidding,kidding!) Just the piece of mind and a long ride with out worry is well worth it.

OzzyU812

May 15, 2008
"the bog" NH
Thanks for the report!! Its good to hear a customer saying the product is as good as the seller did.

How did the install go? The instructons on the website made it seem kind of compicated.

Last edited:

Prasinos

Dec 1, 2008
California
Does anyone have any info on the stuff you can get at wall mart that advertises the same effect? Its green if im not mistaken.

philymitch

Feb 7, 2009
Fresno CA USA
wallmart also has tubes from bell that are guaranteed not to go flat....save the box . I have those tubes in my mountain bike and have not had a flat on that bike for two years.
The tubes are thorn prof and have some good jelly in them to stop leaks.

As for the Stans tubeless system, the directions sound a lot harder than it is..... don't let it scare you. If you can put a motor on a bike you can do this.

OzzyU812

May 15, 2008
"the bog" NH
I have the Flatblocker Max tubes also. A worn out tire wuoldn't hold air with them, changed the tire to a slightly better one. Now it holds air fine. They have taken several hits and are still good. I've had 2 sets for 9 mo. They took the winter off, so 6mo. use.

Tried the Slime once on lawnmower tires that was really far gone once. It could bring them back, But it really wasn't a fair test.

the_edge150

Dealer
Aug 21, 2008
Monrovia,CA
the no-mor flats are the best for an unlucky person, such as my self, who has had the honor of getting a flat due to running over a box of toothpicks once. best 40 bucks spent on my bike