help in Venice Florida

GoldenMotor.com

hartmut

Nov 2, 2013
Venice, Fl
I have purchased a two stroke engine online and am now stuck to shorten the chain and to get this motor started. Is there anyone out there with advice for me as to where I can go to get such help in this area. Or better yet, is there anyone who is in my area with whom I could exchange problems and experience. I see that jmc 25 fl participates in this forum, maybe he can help. Many thanks to all. Hartmut

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
You can shorten the chain yourself. :)

Where did you buy your kit from?
Is it 415 engine chain?
Go to a bicycle store or Ace hardware and buy a chain breaker but make sure it works with your chain that is probably wider than bicycle chain.

If you have a grinder you can grind the pin off and punch the pin through with a nail punch or even a nail to shorten your chain.
Put the link over the open end of a socket when you drive it through the chain side plate.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome to our motorized bicycle community. great to have you with us,. i imagine all the bike stores are closed now so here is a quick video on how to remove links with out a chain tool http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlZHNFPZvaw i would highly recommend getting a chain tool. you will use it a lot. great to have you with us

hartmut

Nov 2, 2013
Venice, Fl
What a great idea Paul. Thanks also to SoCal, I'm on my way to the garage to try this out. I will let you all know how it works out for me. Hartmut

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Lots of Floridians on the site. Big Miami vs FL State football game tonight that I plan to watch. I don't know if they have Tractor Supply Center in your part of FL. They sell a nice chain breaker that works on the kit chain.