New to motorized bicycles

GoldenMotor.com

lilqueenshari

Sep 7, 2013
Jacksonville,FL
O.K. As I said I'm new. I purchased the bike from from a friend and he did a really great job at building it considering the fact that I have not done any real maintenance and it still runs after 2 months. It is beginning to run rough and I have no idea of how to maintain this great bike. He gave me a few tips but to be honest I would like to know how to fix my bicycle on my own. He seems to think that I need to clean or replace my carburetor. The problem is I don't know what the heck I'm doing and I would really like to know if there is a video on how to build a motorized bike from the wheels up. That way I can take care of all my issues myself. I feel that if I can start taking care of the bike properly that it will last me a long time. I'm pretty good at following instructions and grasping "why" things need to be done in a certain way. If I could just find detailed videos. For example, how do you adjust a carburetor so that it runs more smoothly, how do you take a link out of the chain so that it isn't loose, how do you tighten your brakes and so on and so on and so on. I would like to know all I can about how this wonderful piece of machinery works.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Welcome aboard. We're glad your experience with your bike so far has been good. It sounds like you're practically one of us already. Plus the fact that you're motivated to get good at your own maintenance. Well, you ought to do fine.

I think there are a few videos. But I can't point you to them because I never really paid any attention. But youtube should have something.

But you don't need videos either, for that matter. If you just read these threads you'll learn plenty. Just click on any thread that looks interesting. Read until you've finished or lost interest and then click on another. You'll find yourself learning all sorts ofuseful stuff quick.

Have fun and good luck.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Type anything you want to learn about in the search box above...there's LOTS of good info here on almost ANY question you might have.
Welcome!

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
First thing you need is a lot of tools. Bicycle tools like the kind made by Park to start with and a lot more. My advice is run...run while you still can

Last edited: