first timer in minnesota, hitting a brick wall

GoldenMotor.com

MWDRS

Mar 20, 2013
minnesota
Hello all!!!
im dolf from from minnesota, i just got my first motorized bicycle and im attempting to build it, now i got the micargi stealth bicycle off of spooky-tooth.com with the 4 stroke engine(i plan on doing alot of adventuring and hopefully after its all put together, working well and i am comfortable with the bike and riding it, making a trip around minnesota or something like that) im verry exited to get this all completed and soon im am eager-beaver to get-a-riding! Now let me tell you my situation, i got the bicycle it self all put together no problems with that, now i started to put the sproket on the back wheel and first off the center hole does not fit on the hub of the back wheel ive got like a 1/16 of an inch if that that needs to be field off the sproket not too sure if that matters, but also the bolts that connect the sproket to the back wheel line up crooked and it looks like the hub itself is too big for the sproket and the bolt heads knock up on the coaster brake arm. so my question is this, can this be fixed by simply fieling or cutting the center sprocket hole? of maybe a new wheel is the answer? i was also thinking of switching out the back wheel in general and putting on a different brake because im not sure i like the coaster brake, makes me feal like i have traning wheels again....sooo please heeeeelllppppp!!!!! :-|| <--thats me

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy Dolf, welcome.

Would really, really help if you could post pictures. (until you get enough posts to post a picture, can post on a service like photobucket or the like and post a link here)

Sounds like a not huge deal and every single problem that can be had, has been by at least a few folks here. So no worries. You will be up an` running soon.

tim turbo

Nov 18, 2009
fergus falls mn.
Hey Dolf, nice to see a fellow Minnesotan on the forum! A lot of the sprockets that come with these kit's are indead to small to go over the brake arm hub.Sometimes you need to bend the brake arm to clear the bolt heads. On my builds, I have the machinist at the place I work bore out the center hole of the sprocket. Hope this is helpful. By the way where in MN. are you located?

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
Hey! One more minnesotan. Good to see! And your build sounds cool, and your coaster brake problem can be solved with a vise and big cresent wrench. I'm curious too as to where your located at?

Cheers

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I'm interested where you are as well. I'm on the west coast of Canada but I spend summers at my friends outside of Ely.

Welcome to the forum. You will find a wealth of help here.

Steve.

MWDRS

Mar 20, 2013
minnesota
Yall are awsome thank you for the replies! i will have to get some pictures up here asap for my bike might just have to put some on the photo bucket or something, the one thing i havent tried is to bore out the center hole on the sprocet, two reasons why tho i have no idea were to go bring it in(i dont trust myself enuff to do it myself haha) and also it just seems like i will need to drill holes for the bolts or something more so im just a little hesitant so fellow minnesotans any suggestions were to go? i will find a place to put pictures and a link to were they are as soon as i can as well. as far as location, im in the crystal/newhope area, ive seen two people riding around town so as far as i know ill be the third person in the area with a super sweet bike.