Hey guys!!!

GoldenMotor.com

Trooper2821438

Jul 26, 2012
Yeppoon, Queensland, AUSTRALIA
Great looking forum, with PLENTY of good info, and not much he said she said bullcrap that goes on in other places! Love it :) Anyway, my name is Kris, I come from Australia, and although we don't have as many motorised bicycles on our roads/paths, there is a steady increase in interest. The laws down here are much more strick than in the U.S and in some of our states (we only have 5 states, and two 'Territories', as well as a little island called Tasmania (Where people are born with 2 heads, and enjoy playing the banjo-whilst on the front porch with a double barrelled shotty on their lap in their rocking chairs) which we reluctantly include making 6 States in total (Im just having a cheap shot, its actually a really beautiful place with many strikingly gorgeous things to see.. And the trout fishing is the BEST in Australia there too- caught my biggest brown trout (not an american species-comes from england) to date at cradle mountain)

I'm an ex serviceman, grew up as the son of an officer, and still am very military oriented. I have injuries from service injuries and whatnot though I don't like going on about that stuff a lot. I am retraining, and hope to become a Psychologist within 6-7 years (thats the plan anyway) I'm taking babysteps and going to the equivelent I guess of a community college to do my Certificate IV in Mental Health, and hope to get a job somewhere where they will allow me to do my Uni work whilst working in the field. Luckily our Department of Veterans Affairs nowadays are very supportive so they will help with costs and guidance along the way. Im looking forward to it.

Well, thats me I guess, Oh you might get a laugh outta this, I had recently just got a new expansion chamber, and JUST put a new Dellorto style flat slide Carby on and managed to have a bit of a mishap.... ok so maybe im a bit uncoordinated at times... I was testing the combo and was going up a REALLY steep hill.. got as far as I could till i felt it dying and turned around to go back down.. didnt give myself anywhere near enough turning circle and went STRAIGHT into a telegraph pole :/ check out the rear wheel in this pic!

Attachments

Trooper2821438

Jul 26, 2012
Yeppoon, Queensland, AUSTRALIA
Welldave the only thing that hurt was my ego.. I live ina smallcountry town, and was lucky enough that a young fella was 2 doors down with a ute (Truck) that we could throw the bike on and drive the 2 km home.... that woulda been a **** of a walk with the (Broken) hand on the clutch, so im gonna go round with a 6 pack over the weekend to say thanks. The bike isin alright shape EXCEPT for the wheels. Tried looking everywhere on ebay for replacements, couldnt realkly find much, then I found Reid Cycles (and i just noticed they have xommercials even on the sides of this forum for some reason) and they sell a lot of single rear gear stuff... I have emailed them and asked about whether something would fit, so im justy waiting to hear back. Thanks for the welcome, and im sure you'll get sick of me and my questions before too long! :p

Cheers,

Kris