new from SD. NOT HAPPY.!

GoldenMotor.com

redheadsticky

Apr 4, 2012
south dakota
did 4 days of research all over the internet. not just best price but reading reviews as well. landed at bike berry .com. well day 1 get call no macargi in gloss black with red rims. only matte black. ok no problem like that too. order changed. wake up day 2. orders still pending.? money out of bank all items paid for. get second call, no skyhawk engines in black only silver. !! well now the bike i had envisioned is gone. gloss black/red rims/black engine. I told them not this time. im tired of seeing pictures of items people dont have available. CANCELLED the whole order. if anyone out there knows where i can get what i see in the picture there offering please feel free to contact me. i will start all over on the net and call before i order. its seems so simple all i want is a tahiti macargi in black with red rims/ and the black skyhawk motor.
thanks for reading, Tim future bike builder. will not tolerate scams or delays on the internet though. too old and wise for the bait and switch.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Sry Tim, most the vendors are small companies and are not able to maintain huge stocks of inventory.
Some are custom builders, and will fab anything you might wish, but that doesn't come cheaply.
Others are simply re-shippers and earn a living trying for a small markup on each item sold.
Good luck on your quest!
rc

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
Bikeberry did the same to me a year ago, and strung me along week after week saying "stock will arrive next Thursday", until I demanded a refund. Had to call them back to get the refund after the agreed to do that. They seem to list a million items and stock a dozen! I wish they would just simply display which items are in stock or not, very frustrating and a waste of time to shop there...

redheadsticky

Apr 4, 2012
south dakota
well after i told them same thing take off stuff you dont have i logged back on to bikeberry and lo and behold the black skyhawk said out of stock. many things said out of stock, hopefully if i did that to help others so be it . as a company after 3 days you gotta get tired of giving back the customers money. ! everyones the loser "TIME LOST". cant get that back. nobody's trying to build a space shuttle here just motors and bikes people. if you got it sell it if you dont kindly put out of STOCK. so we can move on. My gloss black and black motor scheme is out the window due to this thread so now im going with the grubee gt5 silver, i have seen a bunch of motors on boy go fast on ebay but im 100% sure no after support . at least with the grubee enough people have them and you can get some kind of answer. just looking for a macargi tahiti in a nice color now since silver will go woth anything. they discontinued the gloss black with the red rims looked pretty cool but know they come with black rims. I'm calling each company and ordering over the phone now no more internet. asking if color is in stock / motor in stock YES OR NO. Thanks for reading, ive been to all the websites you can imagine if anyone has a question i do tell it like it is. most are same dont listen to the reviews cause bikeberry got all good reviews but i got bad information. Tim

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
WWw.thatsdax.com sells HT type motors and pocketbike type motors and drive kits. Thatsdax has treated me well. I've bought a couple kits from them. They update their stock and answer phones.

You can get Micargi bikes online, shipped in a box, you assemble, for dirt cheap. Do that and get the engine and accessories from Dax.

fugit

Mar 5, 2012
Oregon
And while your worrried about a few dollars held up and what the matching color of the bike and engine will be..

....children are starving all over the planet, radial militias torture and maim, there is huge suffering, and a lot of people didnt even get to eat today...

Thats isnt even mentioning that bikeberry are people too.....

jus sayin...

inked1974

Apr 11, 2011
Palo, Iowa
And while your worrried about a few dollars held up and what the matching color of the bike and engine will be..

....children are starving all over the planet, radial militias torture and maim, there is huge suffering, and a lot of people didnt even get to eat today...

Thats isnt even mentioning that bikeberry are people too.....

jus sayin...

Man this is very true! I will be sure to keep this in mind the next time I order parts. Instead of sharing my experience with a forum, I will cancel my order and give all of my hard earned money to the guy on the corner. If I have some money left over I will donate it towards world peace.

NormO

Jun 15, 2011
New Brunswick,Canada
I personally don't like internet shopping. I guess it's because i have a different view than some. I would rather deal with a person face to face. Hand over my dollars and walk away with something in hand. Complete with receipt. It's less frustrating that way. I do realize that is not always possible, and sometimes you have to whip out the credit card and get something online.
People make mistakes. Sometimes they don't always update their inventory like they should. Sometimes they don't always order enough parts to meet demand. I can understand that. Most companies don't want overhead sitting around that won't sell. They can't predict that they may sell out within a short time.
Basically what i'm saying is we are all human, we make mistakes. Fugit i agree with you 100%.

Last edited:

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Man this is very true! I will be sure to keep this in mind the next time I order parts. Instead of sharing my experience with a forum, I will cancel my order and give all of my hard earned money to the guy on the corner. If I have some money left over I will donate it towards world peace.
I am going to do the same...

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
I'd also would buy locally, but without internet buying, how many of us would be here? Other then people living close buy a vendor (and how did you find them?), only a few would be building these MB's. Yes I agree with the fact that sites should be kept up to date, but their line of thinking (I think) they wouldn't bait and switch.

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
I personally don't like internet shopping. I guess it's because i have a different view than some. I would rather deal with a person face to face. Hand over my dollars and walk away with something in hand. Complete with receipt. It's less frustrating that way. I do realize that is not always possible, and sometimes you have to whip out the credit card and get something online.
People make mistakes. Sometimes they don't always update their inventory like they should. Sometimes they don't always order enough parts to meet demand. I can understand that. Most companies don't want overhead sitting around that won't sell. They can't predict that they may sell out within a short time.
Basically what i'm saying is we are all human, we make mistakes. Fugit i agree with you 100%.
In MOST cases internet shopping is great, I do it all the time and very rarely have any problem. BikeBerry, however, seems to have designed their website to cause you problems. They list a million kits and stock none, and wont differentiate between what is in stock and what is not. They will take your order for items they do not have in stock, and probably never will get in stock! I dont know what their motivation is to do this, perhaps they figure after you order what you want and wait, and wait, and wait, eventually you will take what they have.
The same thing happened to me last year, I ordered stuff that was supposed to be in stock, I even called them to confirm stock, yet the items were not in stock and they strung me along for weeks. They never did get the stuff I was after, and I eventually ordered from someone else. After complaining to them about their stock situation they finally put OUT OF STOCK on the items they strung me along on, seems like they did the same thing to redheadsticky this week. I predict their games will continue, and I feel they are intentional...

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
nubie, take it from me, black or silver doesn't matter unless you want silver. It's easy to paint your motor black. Doing it yourself looks better.

Waiting for a motor isn't necessary though because the one you're waiting for isn't any better then the ones BGF sells on eBay, and they're in stock. Also look at LEB motors.

The bicycle is a different story. You almost always have to wait for one if you're picky. I just ordered a new bicycle from a local bike shop, and they told me up front it will be 6 weeks before they can get it.

If any bike will do walk into wally world and pick one.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I'd also would buy locally, but without internet buying, how many of us would be here? Other then people living close buy a vendor (and how did you find them?), only a few would be building these MB's. Yes I agree with the fact that sites should be kept up to date, but their line of thinking (I think) they wouldn't bait and switch.
Easy for you to say, you own a store. The closest MB store to me is probably you.

fugit

Mar 5, 2012
Oregon
I had the same problem couldnt get the black engine - BIG WHOOPIE, I bought the silver.....

Let me know how saving the world goes I heard it only cost 50 cents these days so shouldnt put you out that much...

And lets see I ordered about 600.00 worth of stuff from BikeBerry and other then the above issue all is delivered fast, as described, and if you can get them on the phone they are very polite.

Sep 18, 2011
Tyler Texas
I'm just going to be the guy on the corner! It sounds like a good paying racket right about now! rotfl

motorbob

Apr 6, 2012
florida
i to was talking to bikeberry on the phone , i am not not ready to order yet but was asking about the 48cc engine , they told me they had it in stock , i asked them if they cross shiped meaning they dont have this stuff in stock they said no , i would hate to order and not reive it in 5 to 7 days , can any one tell me a good web site to buy a motor kit from, thanks

Avaryan

Aug 24, 2011
West Virginia
Funny story about BikeBerry.

A year or two ago I ordered my first engine from BikeBerry. After a few days they took the money from my account. I then waited another two weeks for the order to be processed and shipped.

It never happened. The status of my order never changed. After nearly a month I wrote to them and had them cancel my order. A few days later I received my complete refund.

Normally this would be the end of the story; however, about 2 weeks later a package shows up on my doorstep. I opened it to find the engine I had ordered over a month earlier.

At this point I had the engine and my money! I wrote to them to inform them of the situation, but got no response. Free stuff!

edit: Also, I've made it a habbit to check the location of the sellers. BikeBerry is in California, I think. I'm on the east coast so now I try to order exclusively from Pirate Cycles & Sick Bike Parts(not sure where they are located, but they ship fast).

Last edited: