New guy here!

GoldenMotor.com

Cycloptishred

Mar 30, 2012
Eugene OR
Well I just finished building up my bike. 7 months ago I unwittingly picked up a shoplifter. Long story short I got thrown in jail and my car was sold at an impound auction. So here I am. I have a RAW 49cc motor on an old magna. Everything that came with the kit is on the bike. Given the fact that I live in Oregon, it rains alot and I was wondering if it's bad to ride these bikes in the rain. Also any tips and ideas would be lovely :)

Last edited:

grunthum

Mar 30, 2012
Kansas City
Thanks for letting me join. I have a lot of questions about an old motorized bike I just picked up and I'm sure I can get them answered. Thanks Grant

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Rain, snow, sleet, hail - pshaw, I ride in it all (^) Trust me, you'll have more of a problem w/it than the motor ever will lol

Jus' be sure your wiring is secure, a lil bit of solder & shrink wrap goes a long way & a gob of silicone sealant where the wires enter the mag housing doesn't hurt ;)

porch lizard

Nov 7, 2011
Scarville, Iowa
Cycloptishred ... I ride in the rain too, and it doesn't cause me any problems with the bike, but it can get annoying for me the rider. I built my own windshield for a Huffy Cranbrook for some rain protection, and it helps alot both with the rain and the wind. It's 24 in high X 36 in. wide, and doesn't seem to affect the speed at all. I made it out of plexiglass, but the wind blew it over when parked and shattered it. Since then I've purchased a 36 in X 48 in piece of Lexan to re-do it ($72.00 ---ouch! ) I think a guy could probably find a pre-formed windshield for only a little more and save some work.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Rain, snow, sleet, hail - pshaw, I ride in it all (^) Trust me, you'll have more of a problem w/it than the motor ever will lol

Jus' be sure your wiring is secure, a lil bit of solder & shrink wrap goes a long way & a gob of silicone sealant where the wires enter the mag housing doesn't hurt ;)
Wow!

You guys are tough characters!

FAR tougher than I !!!

Whew!

Double WoW !!

I remember getting frostbit/frozen... way back when.
It was the worst pain I ever felt in my life!!! and MORE !!!!

Good luck!
rc