Tandem owner - new here

GoldenMotor.com

mac077

Nov 2, 2011
Fresno, CA
This looks like just the place to get information and hopefully a complete kit to motorize my tandem so that I can take my disabled wife out for some relaxing pleasure cruises!! Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Mac

mac077

Nov 2, 2011
Fresno, CA
Do tell?? Is there a kit that can be had depending on the available space inside the frame of my tandem?? I am very interested and the interest is growing. I have pics of the bike hanging in my garage!!

Mac

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
There's a lot of excellent information here on the MB forum, Mac.
Run the search for 'predator' and review all the information in the threads to get the full story.
Bottom line is, with your tandem, you will want all the torque you can get.
And considering your wife will be accompanying you, the predator offers lower noise levels and improved reliability over the HT engines.

I'd advise the 98cc model which you can pretend is a quasi legal <50cc assist.

Best
rc

Wm Holden

Jun 1, 2011
Ventura California
Bike $500...conversion kit to make it a trike...$400
engine kit install $400
Electric front hub kit $350
Batteries $150
basket $25
rear seat $35
seat post (both) $60
thorn proof tubes $20
Green sealant $10
smaller front sproket $15
Headlight $15
allen head stainless engine screws...$30
Paint $50 (with clear)
battery carrier $25
rear fold up footpegs $50
Rear axlepegs $15
custom rear exit exhaust (not shown) $100
front suspension fork $100
pedals $40
alarm $25
Sprung seat $30
keyed ignition $45

Labor too assemble....
don't make me think about it..but I love it!!!
It's my "TRUCK" of bicycles.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Welcome to the forum Mac.....did you say tandem?!? (^)

Unfortunately this is not a kit, but the potential in tandem builds is limitless. Don't get discouraged, you will find everything in this forum to build the bike you want.

Have fun, it's why we do this!

dnut

mac077

Nov 2, 2011
Fresno, CA
Man, they all look great but I am really discouraged when I look at mine. I will go out and take some pics right now to show y'all. I have a chain on both side of the bike where it looks like all of you have the chain on one side only! Also it doesn't appear to be enough room with frame mods! Not sure that I have the tools and the ability to make the adjustments to the frame. Anyway, all your input is vital to my decision...I would love to have a nice slow cruiser to take my wife out on some bike paths around the area (paved). Thanks!!

mac077

Nov 2, 2011
Fresno, CA
Ok, here is the first pic of the frame - front...would have been perfect without that middle bar!!

Here is the back part of the frame...still not alot of room!!

Here you can see the dual chain setup...

Also, have some other frame options for an individual bike...any recommendations or help is very welcome!!

macAlpine

Sep 6, 2011
pittsfield mass
howdy mac, welcome to the forum.
um, i'm pretty sure none of those small bike frames will fit an engine. as for the tandem, you could cut that middle tube in the back like scotto did, and stick a big honda gx160 in there with a qmatic transmission. that would require welding, and using a cutting wheel on a grinder. you'd have to weld a tube into the corner that looks like this: \ . then your 4 stroke mounting plate could go on in there. for more ideas look around and use the google search feature. i've never done a tandem so i'm mimicking scotto's design.

cheerio