IN New Orleans, Do I need INS? Special License?

GoldenMotor.com

WHAT's Required in your state to ride?

• Insurance & Helmet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Licsense & insurance

• Helmet, license, & insurance

• No requirement

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RockLobster2402

Oct 29, 2011
New Orleans LA
Milton,, aka--rocklobster2402
I am Glad to find this forum, as
I am about to buy a kit off of E-bay, in the next week or 2,
Does anyone know the laws here in New Orleans,LA. such as Liab.. insurance? Special motor bike license?
I know it is probably different from state to state, where would I find out about the laws in my State?

xct2

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Welcome to the forum.

Check the forum here on Laws and Legislation first. There's probably something helpful in there.
I did a quick google of "new orleans motor vehicle definition" and got this link. I don't know if it's the right document to start you off or not, but under definitions, it reads "(41) "Motorized bicycle" means a pedal bicycle which may be propelled by human power or helper motor, or by both, with a motor rated no more than one and one-half brake horsepower, a cylinder capacity not exceeding fifty cubic centimeters, an automatic transmission, and which produces a maximum design speed of no more than twenty-five miles per hour on a flat surface."

I don't know where to point you from there, but go fishing with Google and you should find out what you need.

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Legaly you are supposed to have a drivers liscense with a motorcycle endorsment. I know plenty people there with mb's and none of them have ever had to show a liscense.

As long as you have lights required for a bicycle, and drive with sanity, the Popo mostly ignore mb's there.
The thiefs watch them closely though. I had my first Chrome Cruiser stolen from the back of my truck.

Be careful what streets you drive at night. I am repairing one MB now that was damaged when three thugs clotheslined the owner off it last thursday.
It was dark and they didn't relise how big and fit he was. While he was beating the carp outta two, the third tried to pedal away but didn't know abt the clutch and wasn,t sucessful at out running him.

Last edited: