hi everyone! yet another newbe

GoldenMotor.com

chevyiiguy

May 28, 2011
woodbridge nj
First off i want to say this is a great site! i just built my first mb and figured id finally register. i built a early 70's (i think) kent rite flite 26" and if any one out there has one or something like it dont build it! the frame is way to small. I have a lot of fun with it but i want to build some thing better to ride i want to ride it long distances but the wheels are too thin and it just shakes and every bump goes right up my spine. so if you guys have any suggestions on a good bike to build (preferrably a mountian bike or multi speed beach crusier) that would be great thanks in advance for answering all of the stupid questions i will probally be asking!!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
The cruiser style frame typically offers a softer ride than a road bike. As for a multispeed, once the engine is running most of us find little use for gears. I keep all of mine in 2nd gear and never change it. Pedal to start then enjoy the ride.
The cruisers have fatter, softer tires and some have suspension forks to better enhance the ride. Good luck, ride safe.
Tom