Help with air intake!!!

GoldenMotor.com

Absocold

Jul 26, 2008
Twin Cities, MN
I recently put a new carburetor on my china girl. She's now actually running! But the problem is that I don't think I'm getting as much power out of her has I should. On my last carburetor the engine was most powerful when the air intake lever marked with Chinese symbols was all the way to the top. Now, with the new carburetor, if I put the lever all the way up the engine dies. I can have it at about the halfway point and it will run, I just want more power. Anybody got any ideas?

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
All the way up is Choke fully on. All the way down is fully off. Once the bike's warmed up you should have the choke fully off for best power.

I will crank the bike over once with choke all the way on, then it will start when I crank with 1/3rd on. Once it runs for a min, I turn the choke all the way off.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
I recently put a new carburetor on my china girl. She's now actually running! But the problem is that I don't think I'm getting as much power out of her has I should. On my last carburetor the engine was most powerful when the air intake lever marked with Chinese symbols was all the way to the top. Now, with the new carburetor, if I put the lever all the way up the engine dies. I can have it at about the halfway point and it will run, I just want more power. Anybody got any ideas?

What happens when it's warmed up and the lever is all the way down? :D

Absocold

Jul 26, 2008
Twin Cities, MN
Gotcha, thanks for the help! So I have developed one other problem. The reason I had to replace the carb was that I was going down a hill, was going about 45 mph, and overreved the engine. Dumb, I know. It wouldn't even run before I put in the new carb, but now, when I reach about 25 mph I can here something dinging around in my engine. When it does the engine starts loosing power and I have to slow down. Any ideas as to where it might be and how to get it out?

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Hmm, if something was actually in the motor, you'd probably hear it all the time, not just when you're going fast.

I think I remember reading something about this...Pablo, help me out, was it the wrist pin bushing?