Reducing Clutch Noise

GoldenMotor.com

...ladies

Jan 27, 2009
Ohio
Alright I'v heard about people using rubber sheets on the inside and outside of their clutch to quite it down. So i mocked up my own.
That one shows the thickness of the outside cover (1/8th inch)
And there is a picture of the inside cover (1/16 inch) The clutch moves funtionally. The only thing i am worried about is it warping under the heat. What do you guys think of the idea?

If it does end up working i will be making these for resale as well as rubber to reduce the vibrations from the engine. (I have access to a laser cutting machine so they will be exact fit unlike this hand cut one)

...ladies

Jan 27, 2009
Ohio
Alright thanks, its pretty soft rubber so it that should be good. The 1/8th inch would quite it down more but i didn't wanna have to cut out certain parts of the middle so it'd fit. I just did the 1/16th. I glued it down and its on the motor. The motor isn't on the bike so i'll post how it works once the bike is running. Where can i get some grease for the gears?

...ladies

Jan 27, 2009
Ohio
Would anybody be interested in buying these or some rubber motor mounts made out of the 1/16th inch if i started making these? This isn't an order form just wondering if its worth getting into.

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
I had that problem too. Then I got a better Walkman, rotfl. Na, fiberglass plate like on a roof, will do just as good. and heat dont bother it as much. Home Depot carrys the flat stuff. I also said, yea right. It works. (c)