80cc bike proble<

GoldenMotor.com

AS26

Oct 3, 2013
woodbridge
okay so ive had my 80cc bike for a few months now and its been great. A few days ago i was riding and then all of a sudden the bike stopped accelerating and was just idling, the accelerator wasnt working. I stopped it and tried to restart but it wouldnt! I also noticed that the back wheel used to be locked when the clutch was engaged but now the back wheel spins whether the clutch is engaged or not, ive checked all the parts in the clutch pad and they seem fine so im lost.... PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS A LOT :):-||

AS26

Oct 3, 2013
woodbridge
ive fully cleaned the card na dmade sure theyre were no leaks and that doesnt explain why the back wheel would spin with the clutch both engaged and disengaged. I checjed the clutch again but im not sure where to start, ive checed the pads and the cable but they both seem fine.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
A sheared key on the shaft that the drive sprocket is on may very well be the problem with the wheel being able to be rotated regardless of clutch being engaged or disengaged.

Remove clutch cover and spin rear wheel and watch to see is anything on the clutch side rotates, if it DOESN'T move you likely have a sheared key between the drive gear and the shaft.

as for what you said about it not accelerating, was the engine reving up but just not going anywhere or was the engine just idling even when you twisted the throttle grip?

holler back with results

Map
reddd

AS26

Oct 3, 2013
woodbridge
i checked to see if th eclutch spins when the rear wheel rotates.. and it does so its not that... back to square 1 again.. any other ideas guys:-||