Hello from MA

GoldenMotor.com

Mjpioneer

Jun 10, 2013
MA
Long time rider of bikes, first timer on these little guys. From Upton MA, would like to meet up with some other riders.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. The experienced cyclists sometimes prefer electric assist, because they want to pedal along anyway. We have a few experienced pedalers riding gas motors.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
If you haven't built yet, look up and read your local laws on motorized bicycles/mopeds. Some states view motorized bicycles and mopeds as same thing. Post pictures and ask whatever questions you need to.

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
Welcome to the only user manual youll ever need for these bikes...this site is loaded with invaluable information...tips tricks and ideas...I'm in central connecticut area and ride every chance I get...good luck and remember there ready arent stupid questions...ask away but also utilize the drop down search tab...its the best tool of this forum...good luck

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
If you haven't built yet, look up and read your local laws on motorized bicycles/mopeds. Some states view motorized bicycles and mopeds as same thing. Post pictures and ask whatever questions you need to.
Ma laws are pretty straight forward you need to register as a motorized bicycle or moped depending which you have. If it's a moped just a Motorized Bicycle (Moped) Regisyration Certificate form (available on RMV website) if it is a motorized bicycle then you will also need the Bicycle Conversion to Motorized Bicycle (moped) Affidavit of Owner ( also available on RMV website) fill those out in advance, have your 40.00 ready and you will be good to go for 2 years with the sticker they give you. Make sure when you go you armed with all the info on forms memorized they prob will ask hp displacement and max speed. Biggest thing....Know you are able to get a sticker and be confident about it, the registry employees are pretty unfamilar with these bikes and the laws.

Good Luck!

Mjpioneer

Jun 10, 2013
MA
I've built my commuter alreay which is a releigh ten speed with skyhawk 66/88 engine, 36 tooth rear sprocket. I'm just now starting my race bike build which is going to be a hybrid chinagirl. I'd like to hhave a boardtrack setup by the end of the summer as well...and build a tensioner that works!