New Guy with completed Bike

GoldenMotor.com

John_fulton69

Sep 12, 2012
Cudahy, WI
Just wanted to introduce myself and tell you about my project. I got an 1987 Reigleh Beach Cruiser that has never been used for $35. I was searching online and found this site about motors. I went to bikeberry and ordered the $159 kit and with the help of you guys on this site got the bike done in about 10 hours. Had to do some minor modifications but today was the first try running it. It started on the second attempt and runs like a champ. I could not believe how easy this project was and now I have a cool toy to show off.
I normally ride my harley ultra classic but this great for tooling around town.
I have attached a picture of my finished product.

Attachments

fastfingas

Dec 25, 2011
New Orleans
Just wanted to introduce myself and tell you about my project. I got an 1987 Reigleh Beach Cruiser that has never been used for $35. I was searching online and found this site about motors. I went to bikeberry and ordered the $159 kit and with the help of you guys on this site got the bike done in about 10 hours. Had to do some minor modifications but today was the first try running it. It started on the second attempt and runs like a champ. I could not believe how easy this project was and now I have a cool toy to show off.
yea John looks great and I guess a nice deal on the bike too, what do you think your top speed gonna be?

KariSmith

Sep 13, 2012
USA

.flg. that first picture was the first Harley motorbike!

John_fulton69

Sep 12, 2012
Cudahy, WI
Just an update. Had a hard time keeping it running at idle. I reset the idle screw and took it out 3.5 turns and now it idles perfect. I also took off the chain guard because I kept bending it with my foot. Notice on mine that I have the tension pully mounted on the top of the chain and that seems to work good. With the motor breaking in more I seem to hit 30mph a lot easier.
This thing is a blast.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I weigh about the same as you do, and my engine runs about the same. cruises at 25, will get up to 31 on a long enough straight. I think of it basically as a home-built moped. I have never driven an actual motorcycle, but one thing i think is a nice difference is that these motorbikes will start in any weather, due to the fact that they dont need a battery to run the engine. some motorcycles do have magnetos in them, but most dont, so you pretty much cant ride in the winter unless you keep it hooked up to a battery tender and in a heated garage. I seldom have any trouble at all starting my bike even in the coldest temps. my bike is currently my only form of transportation besides the bus, and i like that just fine. your bike is looking pretty good there, and older schwinns seem to hold up well to being motorized. $35 is a good deal. Paid $75 for my Huffy Cranbrook at Walmart.

dun_it_too

Sep 13, 2012
MO
Awesum!, sweet... I got the same frame, HUFFY, but doing a 4 stroke setup. Also have a trailer, toddler, but I'm modifieng, paint it same as bike. I'm new too, welcome...

John_fulton69

Sep 12, 2012
Cudahy, WI
After riding my bike for a while yesterday my muffler insides fell apart. I ordered a little better muffler to replace it. Meanwhile my bike is pretty loud now. Now I had to order a bike rack so I can carry things if I stop at the store on it.