Hello Form Central Illinois!

GoldenMotor.com

ram50v8

Jul 12, 2011
Central Illinois USA
I have always had an addiction to things mechanical and have made it my life income. I started out with home built gocarts and powered Schwinn heavy weight as a kid to small cars and trucks with big V8's (Craziest build was a stock Datsun 260Z with a 440 Chrysler) Anyway, now with gas prices what they are and an income equal to the 1940's I have decided it is time to get economical. I have a nice machine shop I built but it is 15 miles from my current residence. So in the need for more fuel savings I have decided to go the powered bike route and park my 15mpg truck. This way I can save on fuel costs, wear and tear on the truck and get some excercise (OK, not that much excercise LOL) I have been researching the powered bike idea and happened across this place. From what I have heard and read it is the nicest and best informed site out there. Of course I will have the usual questions that I know are asked often and will be doing plenty of reading in the meantime.

Thanks for letting me join, Darren M.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome Darren. You've come to the right place to share your ideas and skills and to get help and advice when needed for your first motorized bicycle project.
Have fun. We're always here when you need help on that first build but be warned: These things are extremely addictive.

Where exactly in central IL are you. I'm very familiar with Collinsville. LOL, I just saw on national news where they were the first city to outlaw baggy pants..:) Good for them.

Tom