Brandon - San Clemente, Orange County, CA

GoldenMotor.com

B-Rod

Apr 24, 2011
California
Hey everybody my name is Brandon.
I currently reside in San Clemente, CA.

I'm new to the whole motorized bike scene.
though i'm an extremely avid daily cyclist.

and I race at the SD Veledrome occasionally.

( quick Question !)

I plan on building my own motorized from the ground up, I like the challenge of doing it myself.
but my first issue is getting a motor kit that can be shipped to CA, but I have found 3 options.

NEW 80cc / 66cc Gas Bike Engine Motorized Bike Bicycle Motor Kit

Motor bike gas kit *WE SHIP TO CA!* 80cc bicycle engine | eBay

80cc Silver Slant Bicycle Engine Kit

For fair price I was thinking the last link, ( the Raw motor kit ) but I was wondering if anyone has some opinion on which of the 3 seems better off quality wise ( maybe even performance? )

I plan on making a full video demo of : before--->building bike---->finished product--->riding

to show everyone how my first time around goes.

Nice to meet you all!

P.S. sorry for this outrageously long introduction!

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Hi BRod. As far as kits go I'd bet you could dissemble those 3 kits, throw all the parts in a box and put back together 3 running motors...

The only China Girl motor that's really any different is the Grubee Super Rat. Even then it's the ports that are bigger and I'm pretty sure the parts are interchangeable.

There are earlier incarnations that are different in ways but they are few and far between.

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
Raw Motors has some cheap ones going on lately - 66cc/80cc motors are going for 130.

But like Dave said, there's really not much any differences. Small upgrades here and there - bearings, tensioners, chrome lined/steel sleeved, etc. In the long run proper maintenance is what will give you performance and keep it running for a long time.

E-Z Cruizer Bikes

May 3, 2011
DANA POINT, CALIFORNIA
Come check out E-Z Cruizer Bikes in Dana Point. We have been making and putting together motorized bikes for 6 years and use only the highest quality parts and motors on the market. Look forward to meeting you and helping you out with whatever you need.

B-Rod

Apr 24, 2011
California
Im down to ride with you im 15 and im in Lake forest
Yeah dude I would totally be down!
I'll be posting again when my bike project is finished.

everything got delayed massively because I ended up having to buy a plane ticket with all my bike money to NY for a trip my family made .duh.

So I'm waiting til my next check to get started, I should start building/riding within 3-2 weeks.

socialdistortionkid

May 14, 2011
Orange County, CA
Right on.... What i did was i shipped my engine kit to my Uncle in Idaho and then we payed to ship it here so it was an extra $15.. But Its still cheaper to buy an engine for $150 and pay for shipping twice than to go buy an engine at EZ-cruiser bike shop in dana point because there engine kits cost $235.

I suggest you buy a grubee kit they are made with good quality. A Grubee Gt4 engine is a good choice i made the mistake of getting the GT5 which has the crummy carburetor. I have a cousin that lives nearby that would ride with you also