Okanagan B.C. Canada Goodness

GoldenMotor.com

slumlordkuype

Apr 18, 2011
British Columbia
Just finished my first project bike here on Oliver B.C.

I have mounted a Skyhawk 80 CC on a kickass GMC Hardtail mountain bike... yet to fire it up...

Only problem I have run into that could not be easily solved is the muffler is against the frame and also in the way of the pedals so i cannot pedal it... once those problems are dealt with i'm gonna be flyin!!!

Anyone know of a way to bend the muffler myself or should i take it to a shop and have it done professionally?

Take a look at the almost finnished product....
Tell me what you think so far...

Later guys and Gals...
Slumlordkuype....

Attachments

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy Slum, welcome. All sorts of ways to bend your muffler. But think tipping your engine up a tad might be the way to go. Will look at yer pic again, but aside from it being a pain to re-shorten yer chain, might be the way to go. How bad are yer cranks hitting it? Not suggesting this but I have used a mallet and or steel toed work boots to move the muffler out of the way but always only if it was just "tapping" the cranks.
I can't remeber where it is, but there are pics on a thread here of some one bending a muffler by parking their car on it! LOL. For hard bends, I have used a bench vise. Will work but will mess up the chrome/paint if ya go to far.

There is always a way and you will find it. Search around. Some gifted builders here and this comes up a good bit.