Finger throttle?

GoldenMotor.com

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
Does anyone know where I can get a finger throttle for the 2 stroke china girls?My tought is with a finger throttle I can get some real soft foam grips to absorb some vibration. thanks.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
You can use a thumb shifter from an old mountain bike. (That's what I did).
You buy a new thumb throttle from a shop that sells quads and they will also have
a kill switch to replace the one in your twist throttle.

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
i guess thats the problem.How to get the cable right.THe finger throttle is easy to find its the cable that has me confused.I don't think a brake cable has the right barrels or the right length. Help!

bseelbach

Jul 19, 2009
USA
The throttle cable has one end that is the same as a brake cable. The other end that goes on the carb slide will need to me made. Follow Norm's post and it's quite easy. The OEM cable was far too long to use with the thumb throttle and even with all adjustments used to take up the slack, only allowed for maybe 1/2 throttle.

On the thumb throttle, I dremeled the opening where the cable inserts into the opening until the adjustment screw from an extra brake lever would slide in. Once the thumb end of the cable was securely attached in the housing, I made the carb end approximately 49mm off the end of the cable housing. If I recall, cable length on that end was about 49mm and the actual barrel length was 5mm. Use a spare brake line for the modification so that you can go back to stock set up if you don't like it or it doesn't work.

Kill switch is a simple momentary push button switch from Radio Shack mounted to an old rear seat post reflector holder.

Hope it makes sense.

Last edited:

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
It appears that there isn't anything out there ready to go. Only a bunch of fabricated stuff. Thats really what I need to know.Maybe there is a way to make money? LOL! Finger throttle for the china girl! Yea,,,,,,,,Yea,,,,,,,,Yea,,,,,,,, Go gett'em boys! You can thank Toker ..later!dnut